The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I know a lot of you love the Fuji 16mm 1.4 but has anyone got or tried the 18mm 1.4?
Are there any other brands that do an 18mm 1.4 and if so have you tried one?

I almost bought a Gariz half case until I found reports of the base coming unstuck, someone on here also confirmed theirs had come apart, shame because they look stunning.

I have a Gariz case for my old X-10. For me, it makes the camera close to unusable - my fat fingers can't get at the card or battery when the case is fitted.

Hilda and Stan has the first 3 on their wall:p

how are you Trev, all good?
goo to see you back in the Fuji camp.
Thanks mate. Yeah all good.
As I took this I was reminded of the wall In our living room as a kid. Probably early 60’s
Happy Days.

I know a lot of you love the Fuji 16mm 1.4 but has anyone got or tried the 18mm 1.4?
Are there any other brands that do an 18mm 1.4 and if so have you tried one?
Can’t help mate. Like many I’ve the 16. Really impressed by what I’ve seen on Flickr from this lens. Love the 28 field of view (Full Frame)
Nearly always have the wide converter on my X100. Might just have to give it more consideration. I know very well I’d use it more than that 16mm

Can’t help mate. Like many I’ve the 16. Really impressed by what I’ve seen on Flickr from this lens. Love the 28 field of view (Full Frame)
Nearly always have the wide converter on my X100. Might just have to give it more consideration. I know very well I’d use it more than that 16mm
I had the 16mm and like you say, I know I'd use an 18mm much more.
It's just rather a lot of dosh if I'm thinking of buying a new body too. I don't imagine there is much chance of a discount on either given that both a fairly newly released..

My X100V arrived today, I've only had a quick play with it around the house but love it (forgot how good the X100 series was). I'm probably more impressed with this after 5 minutes than I have been with my Sony A1 since I've had it, sometimes it's just not all about specs. The colours out of camera are spot on with the film simulations. Can't wait to get out with it later/over the weekend.

I've asked about a case (which is now sorted) but how about a strap, both neck and wrist? I have the peak design ones but fancy something "different" that suits the retro styling ?

I had the 16mm and like you say, I know I'd use an 18mm much more.
It's just rather a lot of dosh if I'm thinking of buying a new body too. I don't imagine there is much chance of a discount on either given that both a fairly newly released..
e-infin. £699

How quickly do e-infin deliver usually?
And...... I don't suppose you can pick up from their UK address after payment has been made etc? They have a W4 address which isn't far from my mums house and I'm in London for the next week....

How quickly do e-infin deliver usually?
And...... I don't suppose you can pick up from their UK address after payment has been made etc? They have a W4 address which isn't far from my mums house and I'm in London for the next week....
You can’t pick up. Order now. Probably 6-7 working days.

You can’t pick up. Order now. Probably 6-7 working days.
I didn't think so realistically.
6-7 working days is exactly when I'll be going home and I'll be attending a grass track meeting on the 14th which would be a perfect place to try some new gear, but will it arrive on time...?
I guess it's too much of a risk to order it for delivery to me in London - I'll be leaving early on the 13th.
Hmm if only I'd planned this a bit better!

I didn't think so realistically.
6-7 working days is exactly when I'll be going home and I'll be attending a grass track meeting on the 14th which would be a perfect place to try some new gear, but will it arrive on time...?
I guess it's too much of a risk to order it for delivery to me in London - I'll be leaving early on the 13th.
Hmm if only I'd planned this a bit better!
Bummer

I went out for a quick walk around town last night to try out the X100V and find my way around the camera and test what it's like in low light etc.

No great shots but I had fun using it, everything hand held and I was impressed with it as I went out just before sunset and it handled the low light well. I don't do "street" photography but considering the time I was mainly restricted to the town.

I have to read up on a few things today that I couldn't find in menus last night but that was the idea of going out.

A couple of photos below from last night for the fun of it: :

DSCF0082.jpg

DSCF0174-2.jpg

DSCF0196-2.jpg

My X100V arrived today, I've only had a quick play with it around the house but love it (forgot how good the X100 series was). I'm probably more impressed with this after 5 minutes than I have been with my Sony A1 since I've had it, sometimes it's just not all about specs. The colours out of camera are spot on with the film simulations. Can't wait to get out with it later/over the weekend.

I've asked about a case (which is now sorted) but how about a strap, both neck and wrist? I have the peak design ones but fancy something "different" that suits the retro styling ?

I would have a look at the footprint range of straps they even use an x100 for some of the demo picutres.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/cliveato...bUGvvNa-wvY7m6G_uTZPp8rFjoW9rqJHoolvuaTIZ5vxo

Cheers, I've been using my Peak Design Cuff and it's been OK so think I'll stick with that for now.

Also for anyone interested, I purchased the official Fuji Leather case for it (in black) and it was much better than I expected. I only wanted a half case but it is in 2 sections so ideal apart from the tripod mounting screw is covered but I'm unlikely to use this on a tripod anyway.

Wex at Aldgate have cameras out on display ready to play with. Park cameras tend to have everything in cabinets so has to be supervised which I find irratating

Knowing of some of the towns which are within an easy car drive of their store I can understand why.

Idiot question.... My XH1 is displaying images, when reviewing them, through the viewfinder rather than on the rear screen. I don't know how I made it do that and can't figure out how to switch it back?. Help please!

EDIT - Sorted. There's a dedicated button near the eyepiece, you learn something new everyday!

Last edited:
The 100-400 is an excellent lens, and with the 1.4TC you get to 560mm anyway. If I was starting from scratch again, I'd definitely go with the 150-600, but I can "cope" this the older lens and tc for now.

My friend and neighbour Sergio has led a colourful life but retired to a remote village in the mountains to make crucifixes. A bad shoulder injury means he will have to leave his home for an easier place with less snow to shovel in winter. I fear his workshop will be lost so I took a photo today:
Sergios Shop by Ian, on Flickr
X-T2+10-24mm lens, quickly processed in Silver Efex Pro 2

Not a great time of the year for it, or time of the month really... But I found my old T2>M42 and M42>Fuji X adapters in a box of bits and bobs, and decided to crack out the old telescope for some tests. It was more of a technical exercise really to learn the process of setting up the scope and camera, shooting multiple images, stacking them, sharpening, and processing.

I only took 30 or so shots, of which I used the best 8-10. Stacked in AutoStakkert and sharpened in Registax, slight exposure adjustments etc in Capture One.

Pretty happy for a test. There's lots of room for improvement but it's a lot better than I've managed in the past. Can't wait to get some cleaner air in the winter, along with a higher and newer moon. Hoping to get a clean thin crescent with a much higher frame count. Once I've got that down I might look at adding more focal length and doing some mosaics.

Moon! by jimmyjamjoejoe, on Flickr

A couple from lastnight - Couldn't believe my luck as he wondered into that natural frame!

I grabbed these shots as insurance before trying to get closer. I wanted to give him a little more room in the "frame" so figured getting closer with a shorter focal length would do that. While we do get plenty of semi-tame deer around here, this wasn't that kind of area, and he very quickly disappeared. I imagine him being in velvet made him a bit more cautious than usual.

Deer 2 by jimmyjamjoejoe, on Flickr

Deer by jimmyjamjoejoe, on Flickr

Back