The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I was close to ordering the 150-600 but then saw a shop selling a mint boxed 100-400 for £770 all in. They seem great value when buying used considering the new price.
At that price I don’t blame you!

Sunrise stroll around Parkhurst forest. Nice and crisp with lots of frost.
Xt4 16-55

Crispy morning glow by Nick Lowe, on Flickr

Forest walks by Nick Lowe, on Flickr
Lovely shots.
Te 100-400 & 1.4TC gives you 560mm, and a full range wide open (f8), it's still stunningly sharp. This was at 1600 ISO

Greenfinch by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Garden Duck (Male) by Steve Jelly, on Flickr
Good shots and seems that maybe I should also keep the 100-400 more in mind too should it come to it.

I'll second the earlier comment, the processing on these is excellent. Are you starting with a film simulation (maybe Classic Neg?) as a base or starting from scratch?

Thanks a lot. No film sim but I usually go through mine/others presets then work from there, sometimes adding masks to darken/lighten certain areas.

X-T4 prices is creeping down, seen decent condition ones at £900 on a few sites now. Meaning they probably bought them from people for £700?

What's the pros/cons of them compared to each other?
They both produce the same end result. It’ll come down to individual handling preferences. Traditional T5 versus the SPAM dial and better EVF of the H2. I prefer the H2 especially with the C1-C7 custom settings on the SPAM dial. I’d love a silver T5. They are so pretty.

What's the pros/cons of them compared to each other?
Compared to an XT-5?

I don’t own either, but to add to what @trevorbray has said…

Size. The H2 is bigger and with a bigger hand grip.

The screens. Fully articulated on H2 vs the 3 way tilt on the T5.

Faster buffer on the H2 possibly solely down the the CFex card but think I read it might be more than just the card.
Speaking of cards. 2x SD with T5 and 1 of each with the H2 (CF & SD)

Battery grip not available for the T5 if that matters.

Full size HDMI on the H2.

If you use a remote release then the H2 doesn’t have the traditional shutter release with the thread like the T5 however, if you use the a ‘modern’ release cable and an L-Bracket then the H2 has this relocated to the right hand side of the body and this then doesn’t interfere with the L-Bracket I believe. Possibly the same with the headphone point.

Those are the standouts to me beyond what Trevor mentions.

X-T4 prices is creeping down, seen decent condition ones at £900 on a few sites now. Meaning they probably bought them from people for £700?
Looks like. £869 was the lowest I've seen - MPB, good condition with 6 month warranty.

I'm itching to get one right now, because my X-T2 is gone and I'm camera-less for the first time in ages. But I suppose that waiting a couple of weeks is a good idea, given the postal service and extra pressure on couriers.

Looks like. £869 was the lowest I've seen - MPB, good condition with 6 month warranty.

I'm itching to get one right now, because my X-T2 is gone and I'm camera-less for the first time in ages. But I suppose that waiting a couple of weeks is a good idea, given the postal service and extra pressure on couriers.
After trying the X-H2 and being realistic about my needs and wants (really wanted a bit more flexible custom settings than my X-T3 and IS) I bought an £879 from them. Came unboxed and with an EU charger plug and with a couple paint scuffs here and there but other than that for half the price of an X-T5 kinda makes sense. I do think though that either the silver versions feel a bit cheaper made or the X-T3 was a better built camera. Especially the shutter button and the click wheels feel much better on the X-T3.

On a slightly different note does anyone know if on the X-T4 I can assign Auto-ISO to a custom setting? I thought I could but can't seem to. Am I missing something or is this something they just brought to their newer cameras (definitely can on the X-H2)?

Last edited:
They both produce the same end result. It’ll come down to individual handling preferences. Traditional T5 versus the SPAM dial and better EVF of the H2. I prefer the H2 especially with the C1-C7 custom settings on the SPAM dial. I’d love a silver T5. They are so pretty.
I think the other big difference is that for smaller hands the X-H2 can be quite awkward to handle. My hand struggles to wrap around the grip and I find the back wheel hard to use unless I hold the camera with both hands. I absolutely loved the build quality and the EVF of the X-H2 though. If it was not for the awkward ergonomics (again just for people with small hands, if you have normal sized hands you'd probably prefer it) I might have just decided to face the wrath of the other half and gone for it regardless instead of a much cheaper X-T4.

On a slightly different note does anyone know if on the X-T4 I can assign Auto-ISO to a custom setting? I thought I could but can't seem to. Am I missing something or is this something they just brought to their newer cameras (definitely can on the X-H2)?
As in can you assign the auto 1, 2 & 3 profiles to a button or are you meaning something else?

You can most definitely assign a button to switch between auto 1-3.

Set up you min/max/ss for each of the profiles.

Exit the menu and press and hold the back/disp button.

You can then assign any of the buttons to suit. (I use one of the d-pad buttons) to auto iso.

Then just stick the iso command dial to ‘A’ and use the assigned button to switch between profiles as needed.

That all assumes of course that’s what you were referring to!

As in can you assign the auto 1, 2 & 3 profiles to a button or are you meaning something else?

You can most definitely assign a button to switch between auto 1-3.

Set up you min/max/ss for each of the profiles.

Exit the menu and press and hold the back/disp button.

You can then assign any of the buttons to suit. (I use one of the d-pad buttons) to auto iso.

Then just stick the iso command dial to ‘A’ and use the assigned button to switch between profiles as needed.

That all assumes of course that’s what you were referring to!
Sorry not quite, I don't think I am explaining this very well. So I have different setups for custom settings C1-C7. Some of those setups work better with different Auto-ISO settings. For example my C1 setup works best with Auto-ISO min above 800. So I have Auto-ISO 1 setup with min ISO 800, max 3200 and min SS 1/15. I would like to be able to have this assigned to custom setting C1 so when I have selected C1 Auto-ISO 1 is applied.

I can't do that with the X-T3 but I can with an X-H2. I was under the impression I could with an X-T4 but it does not look like I can and was wondering if I am just missing something.

Sorry not quite, I don't think I am explaining this very well. So I have different setups for custom settings C1-C7. Some of those setups work better with different Auto-ISO settings. For example my C1 setup works best with Auto-ISO min above 800. So I have Auto-ISO 1 setup with min ISO 800, max 3200 and min SS 1/15. I would like to be able to have this assigned to custom setting C1 so when I have selected C1 Auto-ISO 1 is applied.

I can't do that with the X-T3 but I can with an X-H2. I was under the impression I could with an X-T4 but it does not look like I can and was wondering if I am just missing something.
Sorry. With you now.

Honestly I’m not sure as it’s not something I’ve considered.

I wonder however if you could do something with the profiles within the ‘Q’ menu.
Obviously you can have base, c1, c2 etc so I wonder if one of the settings could be changed to an auto iso profile.

I have no idea. Just speculation.
Might be something for you to try though.

Sorry. With you now.

Honestly I’m not sure as it’s not something I’ve considered.

I wonder however if you could do something with the profiles within the ‘Q’ menu.
Obviously you can have base, c1, c2 etc so I wonder if one of the settings could be changed to an auto iso profile.

I have no idea. Just speculation.
Might be something for you to try though.
Yeah that would have been a solution but there is no Auto-ISO option for the Q menu sadly. Another small win for the X-T5/X-H2 level cameras. I will just settle and set one of the click wheels to it. Thanks for the replies though !

Yeah that would have been a solution but there is no Auto-ISO option for the Q menu sadly. Another small win for the X-T5/X-H2 level cameras. I will just settle and set one of the click wheels to it. Thanks for the replies though !
Shame.
Seems a silly omission to the menu system in that case.

I'm seriously tempted to upgrade from my XT4 myself at the moment. Let me know if you put a wanted ad up!

I have my XT3 set up so that the front dial does shutter speed and the rear dial ISO. I just spin it past 12800 and it goes to AUTO ISO 1, 2 or 3.

I have my XT3 set up so that the front dial does shutter speed and the rear dial ISO. I just spin it past 12800 and it goes to AUTO ISO 1, 2 or 3.
yes that's what i'll have to do it is just that it will then require it for me to remember which custom setting needs the different auti-iso and after changing the custom setting also changing auto iso. A bit annoying.

"Excellent" creative style capture Mate, really nice to see a different slant on a winters scene.

Thank you, George (y)

I`d been waiting for this all week, but been too dark when I get home from work. Had to go get my daughter from Norwich yesterday, so missed any light then. This morning was my last chance lol

Compared to an XT-5?

I don’t own either, but to add to what @trevorbray has said…

Size. The H2 is bigger and with a bigger hand grip.

The screens. Fully articulated on H2 vs the 3 way tilt on the T5.

Faster buffer on the H2 possibly solely down the the CFex card but think I read it might be more than just the card.
Speaking of cards. 2x SD with T5 and 1 of each with the H2 (CF & SD)

Battery grip not available for the T5 if that matters.

Full size HDMI on the H2.

If you use a remote release then the H2 doesn’t have the traditional shutter release with the thread like the T5 however, if you use the a ‘modern’ release cable and an L-Bracket then the H2 has this relocated to the right hand side of the body and this then doesn’t interfere with the L-Bracket I believe. Possibly the same with the headphone point.

Those are the standouts to me beyond what Trevor mentions.
As a previous owner of XT3 and now the XH2, was a hard decision to make the transition for the PASM dial. Do I regret? No, not at all. The XH2 body it's way more comfortable, solid and professional camera. It's a wonder. Buttons and dials, at the end of the day, you get used to it. The screen is maybe the only awkward bit. But it has its advantages. I see myself looking more through the viewfinder, as I was used to do with my Nikons in the past, which is a good thing. The detail coming from these RAW files is incredible... Leave you with a quick edit of a Robin in my backyard...DSCF8541 copy.jpg

Last edited:
My loaner 33mm F1.4 lens arrived early this morning so I obviously had to try it out on my resident model. Very impressed so far, the image quality is amazing wide open at f1.4

2022_1219_13110000.jpg

Last edited:
X100V for sale for £1049! Except it comes with nothing but battery and cap....not even the charging cable? How is the X100V gets charged? with a battery charger?

X100V for sale for £1049! Except it comes with nothing but battery and cap....not even the charging cable? How is the X100V gets charged? with a battery charger?

X-T4 and later (so I am assuming X100V is the same) do not come with external battery chargers just a USB-C cable to charge the battery in camera so it looks like that if it is just camera and battery then you 'll need to get a usb-c cable or an external battery charger.

X-T4 and later (so I am assuming X100V is the same) do not come with external battery chargers just a USB-C cable to charge the battery in camera so it looks like that if it is just camera and battery then you 'll need to get a usb-c cable or an external battery charger.
I don't think any of the USB-C port Fuji cameras come with a charger, just a cable and plug. But since it's USB-C you can use any charger. I charge my X-T4 with my iPad charger, which is permanently plugged in at my home office desk as a universal charger for my phone, iPad, watch or camera. I do have a cheapo Amazon dual battery charger but it's very slow, much faster to just directly charge the battery in the camera

X-H2/S owners. I’ve set the Fn2 button to switch exposure compensation when in Manual Mode on/off. I’ve updated firmware and it only works in Auto ISO. Cannot remember if it worked in fixed ISO before. I’d like it to. Anyone help..?

X-H2/S owners. I’ve set the Fn2 button to switch exposure compensation when in Manual Mode on/off. I’ve updated firmware and it only works in Auto ISO. Cannot remember if it worked in fixed ISO before. I’d like it to. Anyone help..?
Don't believe you can use exposure compensation in manual mode Trevor. Would imagine the expectation is you do all the settings via aperture, iso or shutter speed to get the effect required.
Edit
I stand corrected, from the xh2/s manual
In manual mode, exposure can be adjusted by rotating the front or rear command dial after pressing a control to which (comp button)WHEN SET TO Manual(ON/OFF SWITCH) is assigned.

Last edited:
Don't believe you can use exposure compensation in manual mode Trevor. Would imagine the expectation is you do all the settings via aperture, iso or shutter speed to get the effect required.
Edit
I stand corrected, from the xh2/s manual
In manual mode, exposure can be adjusted by rotating the front or rear command dial after pressing a control to which dWHEN SET TO B(ON/OFF SWITCH) is assigned.
Yep. As you can see that’s what I’ve done. But, it only seems to work in Auto ISO. NOT fixed ISO.

Back