The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Some snaps from Vancouver. All on X-T2 and 18-55 kit lens, I think.

1. Dawn view from hotel room, first morning
Vancouver I by Ian, on Flickr

2. Downtown in early morning light
Vancouver II by Ian, on Flickr

3. Downtown, again
Vancouver V by Ian, on Flickr

4. Burred Street Bridge from Granville Island
Vancouvar IX by Ian, on Flickr

5. Blue hour downtown
Blue I by Ian, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

Some nice shots there. We loved Canada, of all the places we've visited in the world it's the one place I'd love to go back to. We were there about 6 years ago, took us ages to walk around Stanley Park, but it was a great spectacle, especially seeing Killer Whales swimming in the harbour bay.

We spent time on Vancouver Island too, the best bit of which was up at Campbell River. I hope you like Salmon, it's about all they eat out there :LOL:

Not sure my entire camera kit would cover the cost of this trip. Prices look OK until taxes and near-compulsory gratuities are added. Daughter is on an exchange year at UBC so we delivered her, together with her entire wardrobe, make up collection, hair care products. Seemed excessive at the time but given the prices here it was a good decision.

Vancouver is a beautiful city though. And somebody more energetic than me would profit more from the mountains.

We were there about 6 years ago, took us ages to walk around Stanley Park, but it was a great spectacle, especially seeing Killer Whales swimming in the harbour bay.

We spent time on Vancouver Island too, the best bit of which was up at Campbell River. I hope you like Salmon, it's about all they eat out there :LOL:
We walked Stanley Park but no wildlife, unfortunately. No time for Vancouver Island, unfortunately. Maybe we can make it if we go back to collect my daughter in June.

I love salmon but have had my fill of poke bowls, I must admit. Food here is not a highlight, especially with a picky Italian wife bemoaning the quality of olive oil and tomatoes!

Salmon & Halibut are to Vancouver, what steak is to Texas :LOL:

The local beer in Vancouver wasn't bad though.

Last edited:
OOOO I really like that, puts an interesting spin on the stained glass window shot.

Ventnor down yesterday morning as the sun broke through the sea mist above.
Xt4 Viltrox 27 1.2

Ventnor Downs Valley by Nick Lowe, on Flickr

Having given @trevorbray grief about lusting after this lens, I must say that the rendering is very pleasing. My Mum was born in Ventnor, and her father was a bank manager in Sandown (and he was an ARP Warden in Ventnor during the war) - last time I went to the IOW, one of my suppliers flew us to Sandown on a jolly (he had a light aircraft) for a bacon butty!

Having given @trevorbray grief about lusting after this lens, I must say that the rendering is very pleasing. My Mum was born in Ventnor, and her father was a bank manager in Sandown (and he was an ARP Warden in Ventnor during the war) - last time I went to the IOW, one of my suppliers flew us to Sandown on a jolly (he had a light aircraft) for a bacon butty!
Hi David it does render nicely and I am enjoying it immensely. No doubt it will benefit from a firmware update soon also. Ventnor is one of my fav places on the Island especially the downs. Coast is really busy this time of year.

In order to help me decide between the X-T5 and X-H2s as my next camera, I have booked an X-H2s as I'll be shooting an MTB race next weekend.

In order to help me decide between the X-T5 and X-H2s as my next camera, I have booked an X-H2s as I'll be shooting an MTB race next weekend.
I recently swapped from an X-H2s to an X-T5 as I so prefer the exposure compensation dial. I do sort of miss the ergonomics of the 2s but have a little grip on the 5. I know Trevor prefers the feel of the 2s.
For my use I've not really missed the performance of the 2s except for a higher miss rate snapping fast moving stuff like grass track racing, but I rarely do that sort of thing, and really do not need the FPS.
Have a good weekend with it!

Finally managed to pick up the camera for the first time, since to move :)
Nothing exciting, but I had to shoot something in the back garden (which is a total mess right now), and it seems poppies like the dirt up here haha

anyway:
T5 80mm

Poppy Dance by Paulie-W, on Flickr

That's not really a debate. If you are going to be shoot sport over periods longer than 30-45 minutes, then you are going to want the battery grip. the X-T5 doesn't have one.

You’ve chosen the right camera (in my opinion)

I recently swapped from an X-H2s to an X-T5 as I so prefer the exposure compensation dial. I do sort of miss the ergonomics of the 2s but have a little grip on the 5. I know Trevor prefers the feel of the 2s.
For my use I've not really missed the performance of the 2s except for a higher miss rate snapping fast moving stuff like grass track racing, but I rarely do that sort of thing, and really do not need the FPS.
Have a good weekend with it!

That's not really a debate. If you are going to be shoot sport over periods longer than 30-45 minutes, then you are going to want the battery grip. the X-T5 doesn't have one.
Thanks. I have been leaning towards the X-T5, as I prefer the ergonomics of the X-T5, but shooting with both is really the only way to find out is to shoot with both. If there was an X-T5s, I would buy that straight away. I either shoot landscapes or MTB racing, so haven't been impressed with the AF on my X-T2, but haven't found battery life to be an issue.

Well, I find myself back in Fujiland. :p My wife had a nice little bonus from work. 'Anything you want? ' Well, since you mention it.....

Not had a 'proper' photography day out with it yet but we had a couple of days in Eryri walking and sightseeing. What a lovely little village Beddgelert is. Here's a snap of the church. XT5, 16-80

Beddgelert Church by Jason, on Flickr

Well, I find myself back in Fujiland. :p My wife had a nice little bonus from work. 'Anything you want? ' Well, since you mention it.....

Not had a 'proper' photography day out with it yet but we had a couple of days in Eryri walking and sightseeing. What a lovely little village Beddgelert is. Here's a snap of the church. XT5, 16-80

Welcome back.

Thats a very nice image, like the contrast and mood. How are you finding the 16-80mm?

Thats a very nice image, like the contrast and mood. How are you finding the 16-80mm?

Thanks. :)

Seems a decent enough lens to me. Doesn't weigh a lot, or take up much room in the bag. I guess the 16-55 gets better reviews but it costs more, weighs more and has less reach. I think the 16-80 will do me just fine - it ticks the right boxes for me.

Loving the XT5 as well.. :)

Last edited:
I'm not having a lot of success uploading a photo of my XT5 receipt to the Fuji eShop, (registering products for cashback and warranty.) Photo well within required size etc. Probably missing something glaringly obvious. Anyone managed to successfully register/upload pic or had similar issues?

Back