The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Went on a Ghost walk, along the river last night, which actually was quite fun and informative. Even if the guide was a tad over the top ;)

Anyway, I managed to grab a couple of snaps (will be good to revisit with tripod, for long exposures).

T5 16-55 + DIY misty filter.

Factory Reflecting by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Messing about in pp with this one haha

Riverside walk by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Really like that first one (y)

Took the camera out on the bike today; love the low sun on Autumn mornings. Finally a normal tempreture too :)

Exclaimation by Chris Walker, on Flickr

Autumn Colours by Chris Walker, on Flickr

Purple sun by Chris Walker, on Flickr

Steaming forest by Chris Walker, on Flickr

Sticker bridge by Chris Walker, on Flickr

Just missed the plane... by Chris Walker, on Flickr

Mainly Classic Chrome film sims here; but there's a couple of Velvia with my own white balance recipe that attempts to replicate the rose-tinted colours of cycling sunglasses!

Anyone else discovered any of Fuji's Fn button 'easter eggs' in the X-H2, X-h2s and/or C-T5 bodies (which don't appear to be mentioned in the manual), apart from the
delete/down button double press for Format?

Mine so far:

In playback mode, press AEL button for 'RATE' and/or the Fn1 button for 'PROTECT'.
The ISO button for 'TRANSFER'.

Any others?

Took the camera out on the bike today; love the low sun on Autumn mornings. Finally a normal tempreture too :)

Exclaimation by Chris Walker, on Flickr

Autumn Colours by Chris Walker, on Flickr

Purple sun by Chris Walker, on Flickr

Steaming forest by Chris Walker, on Flickr

Sticker bridge by Chris Walker, on Flickr

Just missed the plane... by Chris Walker, on Flickr

Mainly Classic Chrome film sims here; but there's a couple of Velvia with my own white balance recipe that attempts to replicate the rose-tinted colours of cycling sunglasses!
Nice! Where were you riding? I took my X100V out on my ride this morning, as the light was nice when I set off, but was running late for the group ride, so didn't have time to stop.
Anyone else discovered any of Fuji's Fn button 'easter eggs' in the X-H2, X-h2s and/or C-T5 bodies (which don't appear to be mentioned in the manual), apart from the
delete/down button double press for Format?

Mine so far:

In playback mode, press AEL button for 'RATE' and/or the Fn1 button for 'PROTECT'.
The ISO button for 'TRANSFER'.

Any others?
I was wondering what the delete shortcut was on the X-H2s, given that you can't press the rear scroll wheel.

Is it possible to rate/flag images on the older generation bodies?

Is it possible to rate/flag images on the older generation bodies?
RTFM Lewis - double press on the "DISP/BACK" button when in playback mode and you can set a star rating, which will carry in to Lightroom.

Nice! Where were you riding? I took my X100V out on my ride this morning, as the light was nice when I set off, but was running late for the group ride, so didn't have time to stop.

At One Planet Adventure in Llandegla; my closest trail centre. Not the most exciting place to ride but it always catches light really nicely.

I just had my camera loose in my hip pack; made me a bit nervous. Is there like a light weight hard shell case that’d fit an X-T20 and a pancake? It’s a 27mm TTartisan on these pics. Most I’ve seen are leather or similar and fit much larger lenses

Last edited:
Velocette

Velocette by APM Photography, on Flickr

X-E1
Glad to see people still using this camera. I got an x-e2 secondhand a while back and it’s great. I like to use it with manual focus lenses, but one of my all time favourite lenses is the xf 32mm f2. The only time I’ll consider upgrading to another x-e model is if if they release one with ibis, or when this one conks out on me. But I wasn’t keen on the removal of buttons and dials on the x-e4. Great photo btw

At One Planet Adventure in Llandegla; my closest trail centre. Not the most exciting place to ride but it always catches light really nicely.

I just had my camera loose in my hip pack; made me a bit nervous. Is there like a light weight hard shell case that’d fit an X-T20 and a pancake? It’s a 27mm TTartisan on these pics. Most I’ve seen are leather or similar and fit much larger lenses
I thought I recognised it! I haven't ridden there for a while, I was thinking it may have been Coed y Brenin rather than Llandegla. I like it there, other than how it always seems to feel like there is more climbing than descending. It has my favourite trail centre cafe.

I have seen a hardshell case that fits an X100, but I just use a normal padded case inside my hydration pack. Evoc do a hip pack with a padded camera section. I have got the equivalent rucksack for when I am riding with my full kit.

I thought I recognised it! I haven't ridden there for a while, I was thinking it may have been Coed y Brenin rather than Llandegla. I like it there, other than how it always seems to feel like there is more climbing than descending. It has my favourite trail centre cafe.

I have seen a hardshell case that fits an X100, but I just use a normal padded case inside my hydration pack. Evoc do a hip pack with a padded camera section. I have got the equivalent rucksack for when I am riding with my full kit.
I have the standard Hip Pack Pro; wonder how much heavier the photo version is…

Haha I feel like that about Coed-y-Brenin! Gwydir Mawr/Bach is probably my favourite but you’re right about Llandegla’s cafe.

Recently I’ve had my camera in a handlebar bag for cross-country rides but I think the camera wouldn’t like being on the bike in anything like a trail centre…

Has anyone used an xf 10-24mm on any x-e model? I’m curious to know how that my balance on a tripod. Is there a dedicated tripod collar for this lens?

Has anyone used an xf 10-24mm on any x-e model? I’m curious to know how that my balance on a tripod. Is there a dedicated tripod collar for this lens?
No tripod collar. But they're not too heavy. How much smaller it the xe to the xt? They balance nice on it's.

Used it on my XT3, XS-10, XPro2 and XE2.
Tend to use it handheld but occasionally on the tripod. The lens isnt heavy so it shouldnt need a lens mounted tripod attachment.

Thanks. I’m thinking of using it for long exposures that will require a tripod. I haven’t bought it yet, but I’ve got a couple of holidays next year and for landscapes I think I want to upgrade from my Samyang 12mm to the 10-24mm. Either that or think of something for my mft cameras. Any suggestions would be welcomed

Thanks. I’m thinking of using it for long exposures that will require a tripod. I haven’t bought it yet, but I’ve got a couple of holidays next year and for landscapes I think I want to upgrade from my Samyang 12mm to the 10-24mm. Either that or think of something for my mft cameras. Any suggestions would be welcomed

I have used the 10-24 extensively, many with long exposures with an ND filter, and obviously with the camera on a tripod.

Shot on an X-T3 with the 10-24 f4, at 10mm, 27 sec exposure

Osmington 2 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

If you don't need the telephoto of the 10-24, the Viltrox 13mm AF is a good upgrade from the Samyang.

Has anyone used an xf 10-24mm on any x-e model? I’m curious to know how that may balance on a tripod. Is there a dedicated tripod collar for this lens?

I see there‘s a Sigma 10-18 f2.8 just released which is tiny.

Anyone tried any of the cheap manual pancake lenses? Like that Meike 25mm (£80!?) I quite fancy amassing a collection; the TTartisan 27mm has been pretty successful all in all

I've got a little "Discover" 25mm 1.8, which is sold under loads of different names (7artisans, newyi, pergear etc). Optically it's OK, neither here nor there. It has a strong vignette wide open which i like, and it's small, and it's silver so matches my X-T3.

I like it. It's small and well built, and the images have character.

Back