The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I'm not 100% sure of this but I believe the X-T5 syncs the time/date with your phone if you connect with the app, which would result in very accurate time/date.

Yep, the new X-App. But that's not really a solution when you are sync'ing with various different makes of cameras. :)

Say you are shooting sports, with one camera with a long prime, one with a fast zoom and another with a remote - when you import the images from the various cards you want them to be in chronological order e.g. you don't want the remote camera to show the ball hitting the back of the net, before the main camera has captured the striker kicking the ball.

Yep, the new X-App. But that's not really a solution when you are sync'ing with various different makes of cameras. :)

But if all makes of cameras allow you to sync with your phone, all of them get synced perfectly.

So I'd say, it's the other makes that are behind in this if they don't allow it :D

Yep. I spoke to one of the Fuji pro reps online.

Unlike the Canon or Sony pro reps who are fantastic, they didn't appear too interested.

Which is rather sad because the fixes to improve the system would be fairly basic menu coding:

For example enable the facility to manually reset the file number, rather than having to change the count to 'Reset', format the card, remove the card, replace it, turn the camera off then on and then change the file numbering back to continuous!

I'd agree with this, Sony have been very serious about getting into this sort of market and have put the resources behind it, they still lag behind Canon in this respect, but are closing.

With regard to Fujifilm, try contacting Andreas Georghiades (he will definitely listen and show interest)

There is a lot of merit in really working a location, back in different conditions etc - even more so if the location is local.
Thank you, David. It`s probably the tidiest woods I`ve ever been to. Lots of good things to aim at too.

Thank you, David. It`s probably the tidiest woods I`ve ever been to. Lots of good things to aim at too.
I often go back to the same places (even with my wife commenting - haven't you taken that shot before!), there is something cathartic about seeing the changes, witnessing different light etc, after a few times you stop repeating shots and start really exploring - both the area and your mind!!

Last edited:
I often go back to the same places (even with my wife commenting - haven't you taken that shot before!), there is something cathartic about seeing the changes, witnessing different light etc, after a few times you stop repeating shots and start really exploring - both the are any your mind!!
I agree.
There is another one directly opposite, that I have yet to explore. I think it's all part of the same plantation. Might be a family visit ;)

Was playing around with the X100F at the weekend and realised that I only have a cheap pol filter in the bag for it and it left a horrible colour cast. Anyone recommend decent filters that they bought recently? Happy to spend up tp ~£50 on it (as it's 49mm, I reckon that should get a good enough filter!)

Was playing around with the X100F at the weekend and realised that I only have a cheap pol filter in the bag for it and it left a horrible colour cast. Anyone recommend decent filters that they bought recently? Happy to spend up tp ~£50 on it (as it's 49mm, I reckon that should get a good enough filter!)
Not too sure on prices, but have a look at the "Urth" ones. I got a few and very happy with them (y)

I'm happy with my Hoya one

I have a Urth CPL, their "plus" line for my 23mm f2 and 50mm f2, I find it pretty good (I use a step up ring to use the same filter on both lenses).

I actually just got hold of a 70-300mm lens and needed a larger filter so just ordered a K&F Concept Nano-X series with true colour from amazon. Looks like a good deal on paper but it hasn't arrived yet so can't comment on it.

I have a Hoya CPL which has been great. I also have several K&F ND and diffusion filters and all have far exceeded my expectations. Also briefly had a K&F CPL as part of a set, and that was great too.

With regard to Fujifilm, try contacting Andreas Georghiades (he will definitely listen and show interest)

That's exactly who I spoke to in the Fuji Pro group.

He just quoted the manual at me and then said what I wanted (make slot 2 the default when shooting Jpeg to both cards) couldn't be done.
It's a basic function in all other makes.

I have a Urth CPL, their "plus" line for my 23mm f2 and 50mm f2, I find it pretty good (I use a step up ring to use the same filter on both lenses).

I actually just got hold of a 70-300mm lens and needed a larger filter so just ordered a K&F Concept Nano-X series with true colour from amazon. Looks like a good deal on paper but it hasn't arrived yet so can't comment on it.
Do you need to use both the filter adaptor and a step up ring? Or is the step up ring enough?

If it's the same CPL that comes with the square kit (I think that's nano X IIRC), it's very good.

Any opinions on X-E4 vs X-T30 II? Looking to possibly upgrade from my X-T20 (mainly for firmware upgrades/quality of life) but it’d be nice for some real world experience of the bodies.

I know they are exactly the same inside so it’s more of the experience of using them. I shoot aperture priority generally with primes; I’ll generally only stick on a zoom lens on wildlife holidays (and also, when I actually buy one :D)

Any opinions on X-E4 vs X-T30 II? Looking to possibly upgrade from my X-T20 (mainly for firmware upgrades/quality of life) but it’d be nice for some real world experience of the bodies.

I know they are exactly the same inside so it’s more of the experience of using them. I shoot aperture priority generally with primes; I’ll generally only stick on a zoom lens on wildlife holidays (and also, when I actually buy one :D)

X-E4 is quite expensive for what it is, there is a used one on LCE for £900. You can get a X-T4 for the same money or X-S10 for £700 which have. better more ergonomic bodies.

X-E4 is quite expensive for what it is, there is a used one on LCE for £900. You can get a X-T4 for the same money or X-S10 for £700 which have. better more ergonomic bodies.
They’re bigger bodies though; which is not really what I’m after. The X-T20 size is great.

When you say expensive for ‘what it is’…what do you mean? IQ wise it’s exactly the same as the X-T30 II. You just mean general hardware features like dials etc?

They’re bigger bodies though; which is not really what I’m after. The X-T20 size is great.

When you say expensive for ‘what it is’…what do you mean? IQ wise it’s exactly the same as the X-T30 II. You just mean general hardware features like dials etc?

I mean the X-E4 was £900 when it came out, it is selling for the same price used.

X-T4 isn't THAT big really, X-S10 is tiny though, have a look at that.

Hi guys.

I'm having a problem with my X100f and I can't see the answer...

I don't normally use exposure lock but yesterday I tried to and I noticed that it also locked focus too and I can't see any way of separating exposure lock from the focus. Am I missing something? Hopefully there's an easy way of doing it for the once a year I might want to :D

Hi guys.

I'm having a problem with my X100f and I can't see the answer...

I don't normally use exposure lock but yesterday I tried to and I noticed that it also locked focus too and I can't see any way of separating exposure lock from the focus. Am I missing something? Hopefully there's an easy way of doing it for the once a year I might want to :D

Looks like you need to change the function of that button to ae lock only

Do you need to use both the filter adaptor and a step up ring? Or is the step up ring enough?

I'm not sure what you mean by "filter adaptor", but I only use the step up ring. My filter is 46mm size (to fit straight into my 50mm f/2 lens) and then I have a 43mm-46mm step up ring to use the 46mm sized filter on my 23mm f/2 lens (which has a 43mm filter thread size).

I hope that made sense, I'm not sure what you mean by "filter adapter" so not sure if this answers your question :D

I'm not sure what you mean by "filter adaptor", but I only use the step up ring. My filter is 46mm size (to fit straight into my 50mm f/2 lens) and then I have a 43mm-46mm step up ring to use the 46mm sized filter on my 23mm f/2 lens (which has a 43mm filter thread size).

I hope that made sense, I'm not sure what you mean by "filter adapter" so not sure if this answers your question :D
If you fit a filter directly to the X100 cameras it will interfere with the autofocus. Fuji sell a kit to space out the filter: https://eshop.fujifilm-x.com/uk/fujifilm-x100-series-x70-adaptor-ring-black.html

Looks like you need to change the function of that button to ae lock only

Thank you.

I looked through the menu and I didn't see anything but when looking at the function button setting the option for EL only is there and it's now set :D It must have been set to EL and AF when I got it and as I've never used it before I didn't notice. All happy now :D

I ran out of butter yesterday so had to pop to the local shop. Only problem is, I am in rural Italy so the closest shop is 6km away. Normally I am here with my wife who drives, but this time I am on my own and my only means of transport is walking.

Getting there involved following the hikers' path over the mountain:

SanL I by Ian, on Flickr

This shots does not do the steepness of this path justice. Or perhaps I am just an overweight, unfit, old man. Either way, once I had caught my breath the upside was a great view of the valley and the Umbrian mountains:

SanL II by Ian, on Flickr

Fortunately, when I got to the shop it was still closed for lunch-three-hours so I got to recover at the local bar. Decided to walk back the easy way - 3km on the flat along the local lake then 3 km up the mountain road to the house, climbing 300m in the process. I could barely breathe when I got back to the village (four residents, including me) but I managed this of the sunset over the lake.

SanL IV by Ian, on Flickr

All on my old X-T2 and 18-55mm lens. Thanks for looking

Last edited:
IMG-2023-10-28 15.28.00-X-T30 1.jpg

My cousins wedding yesterday and out of the 400 or so family, shakey, direct flash I'm very happy with this of the Newly weds, the pro togs were on the front of the golf buggy waiting to leave so got in no ones way, X-T30 with the 35mm f2

I've recently started following this Fuji photographer on Insta, absolutely stunning work.

unknownfish.78​

I ran out of butter yesterday so had to pop to the local shop. Only problem is, I am in rural Italy so the closest shop is 6km away. Normally I am here with my wife who drives, but this time I am on my own and my only means of transport is walking.

Getting there involved following the hikers' path over the mountain:

SanL I by Ian, on Flickr

This shots does not do the steepness of this path justice. Or perhaps I am just an overweight, unfit, old man. Either way, once I had caught my breath the upside was a great view of the valley and the Umbrian mountains:

SanL II by Ian, on Flickr

Fortunately, when I got to the shop it was still closed for lunch-three-hours so I got to recover at the local bar. Decided to walk back the easy way - 3km on the flat along the local lake then 3 km up the mountain road to the house, climbing 300m in the process. I could barely breathe when I got back to the village (four residents, including me) but I managed this of the sunset over the lake.

SanL IV by Ian, on Flickr

All on my old X-T2 and 18-55mm lens. Thanks for looking
wOw amazing photographic talents there….!!!
Excellent captures…

pete

Back