The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

There is this X-Pro2 that keeps popping up in LCE in Newcastle. It popped up 2 weeks ago for £749, got taken down from the site (when someone requested to buy), but popped back up 2 days later, likely someone had buyer's remorse and never bought it. 48hrs later it was sold, and disappeared for a week, this morning the same camera appeared again. It's the same one because the shutter count of 140 is the same, it also has the grip too.

They had taken new photos again, this time didn't take photos of the box. I wonder why it was rejected twice...it looks clean and in good condition, excellent condition in fact.

Been a bit slack recently, what with frying my motherboard `n` all. So not a lot of inspiration, but up and running again. Saw this drying on the table and thought I`d give it a go. Natural light from the patio doors.

T5 80mm

Pumpkin seeds and Thyme by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Quite impressed by the IBIS in my X-T5.
This was shot at around 6pm Saturday night (so properly dark) hand held at 1/8th sec and seems acceptably sharp to me.

S&DJR 7F 53808 by Tim White, on Flickr
I took shots down to 1/2 sec which were 'good enough'/ Not sure I'd want to go much slower though.

Very nice transport style capture Tim, with some good tones & detail.

Reactions: LC2
Does anybody have an answer to this issue/problem.
I have a fuji XT4 with a smallrig L bracket fitted, the one that extends the grip side of the camera as well, and i like it, Plus it fits perfectly.

Having seen and handled a Gitzo GH2750Series 2 off centre ball head I would like one. The problem is the L bracket is arca swiss and the Gitzo is quick release.
I know they make an adapter but fitting it to the L bracket is not what i want. I could also take off the L bracket and just fit the quick release plate but that does not give the extra protection the L bracket does, and the extension to the grip part of the camera,
So the question is does anybody make a gitzo compatible L bracket that fits the XT-4 ????
I look forward to the barrage of answers....LOL.

I have a fuji XT4 with a smallrig L bracket fitted, the one that extends the grip side of the camera as well, and i like it, Plus it fits perfectly.

Having seen and handled a Gitzo GH2750Series 2 off centre ball head I would like one. The problem is the L bracket is arca swiss and the Gitzo is quick release.
I know they make an adapter but fitting it to the L bracket is not what i want. I could also take off the L bracket and just fit the quick release plate but that does not give the extra protection the L bracket does, and the extension to the grip part of the camera,
So the question is does anybody make a gitzo compatible L bracket that fits the XT-4 ????

A couple of years ago I fitted an L bracket to my X-T2, it just changed (for the better) the way I use the camera with a tripod. My X-T3 now has the same design of L plate also. I now have Arca heads on all 3 of my tripods & my monopod. My 50-140 & 100-400 both have arca plates on the tripod foot. The only time I now use a QR plate is on my heavy aluminium Manfrotto which is used with my birding scope, or sometimes a flash gun.

My advice would be that if you want an Arca-Swiss compatible head then there are plenty of manufacturers out there who make decent Arca compatible heads (of course if you must have the Gitzo head then buy that and live with the compromises)

I personally would never by another Manfrotto (parent company if Gitzo) supposedly Arca compatible head, as it’s the failure of one of those that sent my first Fuji GFX to a watery grave!!!!

I now use Benro heads which have been great and they are all Arca compatible and have a clever double release mechanism to prevent accidental release.

Visited Haynes Motor Museum (again) yesterday as we have an annual pass, It's all a bit cramped and there's not a lot of room to move about, but it was fairly quiet so I tried to do something a bit different. Two of my favourite all time cars, the Maserati Merak, which I had plastered all over my bedroom wall as a kid, and the absolutely gorgeous Jaguar XK220. (Did you know that "Merak" means confusion in Turkish? No, nor did I...)

Merak by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

XK220 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Visited Haynes Motor Museum (again) yesterday as we have an annual pass, It's all a bit cramped and there's not a lot of room to move about, but it was fairly quiet so I tried to do something a bit different. Two of my favourite all time cars, the Maserati Merak, which I had plastered all over my bedroom wall as a kid, and the absolutely gorgeous Jaguar XK220. (Did you know that "Merak" means confusion in Turkish? No, nor did I...)

Merak by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

XK220 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Its interesting how the Merak looks wider than the XJ220 givem that the XJ220 is at least a foot wider than the Maserati!!!

In the early 90's (93ish) I used to regularly see an XJ220 parked on the road in Pangbourne, Berkshire, it was one of many cars owned by John Madejski, who founded the Autotrader publications. It was huge!!

Its interesting how the Merak looks wider than the XJ220 givem that the XJ220 is at least a foot wider than the Maserati!!!

In the early 90's (93ish) I used to regularly see an XJ220 parked on the road in Pangbourne, Berkshire, it was one of many cars owned by John Madejski, who founded the Autotrader publications. It was huge!!
It's incredibly long, but the styling keeps it so sleek. Madjeski was also the owner of Reading FC, hence their home ground being the "Madjeski Stadium". Nothing like a bit of ego !! :ROFLMAO:

Any glasses wearers using the X-E4? The more I'm thinking about it, the more I like the form factor of the camera over the functions the X-T30 II would give me when upgrading.

However, its the eye piece and smaller peephole on the X-E4 that is giving me pause. Still having trouble finding any decent real-world experiences of this camera vs X-T30 II.

Any glasses wearers using the X-E4? The more I'm thinking about it, the more I like the form factor of the camera over the functions the X-T30 II would give me when upgrading.

However, its the eye piece and smaller peephole on the X-E4 that is giving me pause. Still having trouble finding any decent real-world experiences of this camera vs X-T30 II.
I wear glasses and use an x-e2. I’ve never used an x-e4 before, but I imagine it’s about the same or better. I don’t know exactly what the specs are of either or how they compare. But the x-e2 has a nice enough viewfinder. I’ve used an x-t2 and x-t1 before that have noticeably better viewfinders, but the form factor of the x-e2 is great and the viewfinder is more than good enough. I use a lot of manual focus lenses on it too

Although what @Petey says is correct, also consider the eye-point of the EVF, this is the effective distance your eye is from the optics of the viewfinder.

X-E series -17.5mm
X-Tx series - 23mm
X-T30- 17.5mm
X-T30ii - 23mm

This can make quite a difference for glasses wearers as your eye (and glasses) can be further away on teh higher spec EVF models.

Last edited:
Going through some old boxes this morning, and came across this blast from the past haha. Dell Axim X5 pocket PC circa 2003. Plugged it in and charged the battery, and it fired straight up :eek: How times have ahanged, and tech has moved on.

T5 35mm

Retro Tech by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Going through some old boxes this morning, and came across this blast from the past haha. Dell Axim X5 pocket PC circa 2003. Plugged it in and charged the battery, and it fired straight up :eek: How times have ahanged, and tech has moved on.

T5 35mm

Retro Tech by Paulie-W, on Flickr

I have a Sony tablet in the cupboard somewhere, boxed and everything....got it in 2002 or 2003.

I have a Dell palm top somewhere, last time I used it the wifi standard was so out of date that it couldn't connect to my home wifi, but I could get it on line by tethering it to my iPhone.

A
I have a Dell palm top somewhere, last time I used it the wifi standard was so out of date that it couldn't connect to my home wifi, but I could get it on line by tethering it to my iPhone.
Also had a Palm device. I thought I was top tech, until I found paper and pen to be faster.

Quick question - I am just thinking about trying some macro photography over the winter as the short days and dark seem to prevent me getting out.

I have an XT-4. Is the 80mm the best lens, considering the (second hand) £200 to £300 extra on the price or is there a cheaper alternative that does just as well?

Thanks, as always, folks.

Quick question - I am just thinking about trying some macro photography over the winter as the short days and dark seem to prevent me getting out.

I have an XT-4. Is the 80mm the best lens, considering the (second hand) £200 to £300 extra on the price or is there a cheaper alternative that does just as well?

Thanks, as always, folks.

The 80mm Fuji Macro is (probably) the best Macro lens for the system, it is very very sharp

Opps that post got part deleted:

“Others lenses are available” :D :D
Seriously, thanks though.

Last edited:
Struggling with light metering on my X-T20. I tend to find a small move of the camera can change what I see in the view finder from too dark to too light; and the threshold seems very sensitive.

Is this just standard for digital cameras/Fujis or am I doing something wrong with setup?

Hopefully I’ve described this so it makes sense…

Struggling with light metering on my X-T20. I tend to find a small move of the camera can change what I see in the view finder from too dark to too light; and the threshold seems very sensitive.

Is this just standard for digital cameras/Fujis or am I doing something wrong with setup?

Hopefully I’ve described this so it makes sense…
You haven’t got it in spot meter mode have you ?

You haven’t got it in spot meter mode have you ?
Maybe? I’ll have to check. What’s recommended for ‘general’ use?

Edit: just looking now; I can’t even find a setting for metering
Edit again: that’s because it’s called ‘photometry’, not metering, and I had face detection on so it was disabled.

As you were…

Last edited:
Back