The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

New X100 to be announced 20th Feb apparently.

40MP
IBIS
Same lens

Not seen anything else mentioned regarding upgrades.
Go Ibis! not sure 40mp is required for its USP, ppl might compare to the q3 but even at 60mp its much for a compact camera, I think manufacturers could follow Hasselblad and start putting storage in camera right next to the process for super speed, then it can be copied to an sd slowly a few seconds later

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm given the lack of high speed micro SD cards sounds like there won't be any performance upgrades then.
True, but the X100 series is hardly an A9III competitor.....................

Go Ibis! not sure 40mp is required for its USP, ppl might compare to the q3 but even at 60mp its much for a compact camera, I think manufacturers could follow Hasselblad and start putting storage in camera right next to the process for super speed, then it can be copied to an sd slowly a few seconds later

Same pixel density as Q3, but however its dressed up the X100 series does not have that fantastic Leica lens

True, but the X100 series is hardly an A9III competitor.....................

Same pixel density as Q3, but however its dressed up the X100 series does not have that fantastic Leica lens
Talking of which i'm going round in circles, yesterday I was going to keep the Q3 and get an OM-1 for the surf work, then today they announce the OM-1 II, specs leaked on the X100 and went and played with a Canon R3, which is a beast !!!!
Maybe R3 + new X100, that's today's plan, no doubt will change tomorrow :ROFLMAO:

Talking of which i'm going round in circles, yesterday I was going to keep the Q3 and get an OM-1 for the surf work, then today they announce the OM-1 II, specs leaked on the X100 and went and played with a Canon R3, which is a beast !!!!
Maybe R3 + new X100, that's today's plan, no doubt will change tomorrow :ROFLMAO:

I'm definitely not as impulsive as I was 10 years ago, the new X100 has my interest but I'm definitely Q-curious at the moment, so thats my more likely route, still can't decide between Q3/Q2/Q2M though......

Price for the new X100 is rumoured to be US$1599 so that will be at least £1,499 here and probably £1,549

I'm definitely not as impulsive as I was 10 years ago, the new X100 has my interest but I'm definitely Q-curious at the moment, so thats my more likely route, still can't decide between Q3/Q2/Q2M though......

Price for the new X100 is rumoured to be US$1599 so that will be at least £1,499 here and probably £1,549
When you have Acros with the GFX i'd rule out the Q2M personally.

When you have Acros with the GFX i'd rule out the Q2M personally.

I foolishly took the same shot with a mate's Q2M and my GFX - in the foreground the GFX was the winner but in the mid-ground and distance the Q2M had quite a bit more detail

Difficult to unsee now...................................

If I bought a Q2M I'd have to keep the X100F, but if I went Q2/Q3 then I could let the X100F go - the original X100 I have is going nowhere though.

Well, I will be joining on here more soon, been keeping my eye out out for an X-T4. Most of the good or excellents at WEX and MPB had paint damage.

But just managed to find a 122 shutter count immaculate one at LCE, being delivered on Thursday. Probably going to look for an 18-55 to get here on Thursday as well

Having recently purchased an X T5 with the std 18-55 mm lens. As I have moved from Nikon, I am now wondering about my existing lenses.

Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR
Sigma 17-70mm 1:2.8-4 Marcro HSM
Nikon DX AF-S Nikkor 35mm 1:1.8G

and the two kit lenses from the D90 and D50.

As mainly an Architectural, Landscape photographer.

Is it worth buying a converter?
Do I exchange the lens for Fuji/thirdparty, if so what, one I am considering is the Fujifilm XF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 R LM OIS WR?

Thoughts appreciated.
Go for the Fuji lenses. Will you need something wider for architecture/landscape? The 10-24 f4 is a good bet.

40MP
IBIS
Same lens

And a price bump, albeit less than inflation. TBH I was expecting it to be quite a bit more expensive. Personally, I'm not fussed by either IBIS or 40MP, so will stick with my current model.

Having recently purchased an X T5 with the std 18-55 mm lens. As I have moved from Nikon, I am now wondering about my existing lenses.

Do I exchange the lens for Fuji/thirdparty, if so what, one I am considering is the Fujifilm XF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 R LM OIS WR?

Thoughts appreciated.
I would go with native Fuji lenses personally. I too moved from Nikon.

From what you've listed. Maybe:-

70-300
23 f2
10-24 f4 wr or the older one which isn't weather sealed.

I haven't bought anything new for a while now, but I know a few people really like the viltrox primes.

And a price bump, albeit less than inflation. TBH I was expecting it to be quite a bit more expensive. Personally, I'm not fussed by either IBIS or 40MP, so will stick with my current model.
Given it's recent popularity I'd also expect it to be a bit pricier.
Not sure they could include IBIS with out bulking up the body design and is 40mp a bit of a waste unless they also upgrade the lens...will the sensor out-resolve the lens...probably help if you need to crop?
Thinking out loud here! :thinking:

Given it's recent popularity I'd also expect it to be a bit pricier.
Not sure they could include IBIS with out bulking up the body design and is 40mp a bit of a waste unless they also upgrade the lens...will the sensor out-resolve the lens...probably help if you need to crop?
Thinking out loud here! :thinking:

Fuji have done a lot to shrink IBIS - hence the smaller size of the X-T5, and the lens was new on the 'current' X100V so I expect that was designed to cope with at least 40MP

Having recently purchased an X T5.......

one I am considering is the Fujifilm XF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 R LM OIS WR?

Thoughts appreciated.

I added this lens to my notification list for the Fuji refurb shop when I got my XT5 a few months back. Gave up waiting after a few weeks and bought a new copy. Got an email from Fuji last week saying it was in stock at refurb shop. Seems it sold straight away. Looks like it doesn't come up too often.

I'm very pleased with mine - fairly light and compact, sharp and weather sealed. IIRC, its one of Fuji's approved lenses for the 40mp sensors.

Here's a recent pic. A huge crop - about 1/4 of the frame I think - with the XT5:

Tree-Lines In The Fog by Jason, on Flickr

40MP
IBIS
Same lens

Don’t care for 40mp, but it make sense to have this because they already spent money on R&D for this already so it would be an easy upgrade to implement.

IBIS on the other hand. I would be surprised if they do manage it without making the body bigger. That would be the clincher. If it’s just 40mp then I’ll get a cheap used X100V.

So, losing the lens hood, ended up with this on some images, kinda cool I think.

I9LqVy7.jpg

I added this lens to my notification list for the Fuji refurb shop when I got my XT5 a few months back. Gave up waiting after a few weeks and bought a new copy. Got an email from Fuji last week saying it was in stock at refurb shop. Seems it sold straight away. Looks like it doesn't come up too often.

I'm very pleased with mine - fairly light and compact, sharp and weather sealed. IIRC, its one of Fuji's approved lenses for the 40mp sensors.

Here's a recent pic. A huge crop - about 1/4 of the frame I think - with the XT5:

Tree-Lines In The Fog by Jason, on Flickr

That's a beautiful shot @JasonPC :)

@chris02 before I bought a zoom lens I hired the 100-400 and then the 70-300 from Fuji (using the 2 days free hire that they offer). In the end I went for the 100-400 but it was purely for the extra reach, not because of the image quality. The 70-300 is fantastic: it's unbelievably light, the OIS is excellent, and for 99% of situations 300mm is absolutely plenty.

Last edited:
Feel like I'm getting somewhere with the editing of the Fuji stuff now :)

Been off work with a sciatica type thing going on so I've had plenty of time as sat down has been more comfortable :)

I want it to be pretty much a one click job! And a crop. Maybe a slight exposure tweak....

Thoughts appreciated.

I can recommend the 70-300, the one I have is well worth the money I paid for it.

Been off work with a sciatica type thing going on so I've had plenty of time as sat down has been more comfortable :)

I want it to be pretty much a one click job! And a crop. Maybe a slight exposure tweak....
Pretty much what I'm aiming for. I don't want to touch a computer if I don't have to! The big appeal of the Fujis was the camera sims and the exposure adjustment on the unit; if you can do 90% on the camera thats a win!

Have you landed on the software you're using?

Hope the sciatica gets better soon.
What software are you using?
What effect are you trying to achieve? Do you have a before/after picture that you could share?

Pretty much what I'm aiming for. I don't want to touch a computer if I don't have to! The big appeal of the Fujis was the camera sims and the exposure adjustment on the unit; if you can do 90% on the camera thats a win!

Have you landed on the software you're using?

I've always used Lightroom. I'm so used to shooting RAW and exporting a jpeg as my routine, shooting just jpeg feels weird! I've got a Lightroom profile set up now which pretty much replicates the simulation jpeg - there's very little between the SOOC jpeg and the exported (RAW) jpeg - aside from the 4:3 crop.

I do all my full editing with my Sony stuff for landscape, sunrise, night skies, blending etc which I don't mind. But I don't want to be doing all that work for general stuff tbh

Hope the sciatica gets better soon.
What software are you using?
What effect are you trying to achieve? Do you have a before/after picture that you could share?

Lightroom. I've got a RAW profile/preset that pretty much emulates the SOOC recipe I am using. I can sort something later if you really wanted to see what I've been doing. I'm out at the moment.

I want something from these everyday shots that isn't full on editing. One click and done sort of thing (as above post)

That is pretty much what I have settled with, using the camera profiles in Lightroom. I feel that if I just shoot jpeg I won't end up having the images in Lightroom and will struggle to find them further down the line.

That is pretty much what I have settled with, using the camera profiles in Lightroom. I feel that if I just shoot jpeg I won't end up having the images in Lightroom and will struggle to find them further down the line.

Yes. I do really like the Lightroom system for that reason and going back to images at a later date. I'll often edit the best image or two from a shoot, share them, then do another sunrise or whatever, same again..... then often go back to the 'other' images to edit those at a later date.

Thoughts appreciated.
Thanks to everyone that responded to my post, trading in all my Nikon kit towards a
Fujifilm XF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 R LM OIS WR

Well, I will be joining on here more soon, been keeping my eye out out for an X-T4. Most of the good or excellents at WEX and MPB had paint damage.

But just managed to find a 122 shutter count immaculate one at LCE, being delivered on Thursday. Probably going to look for an 18-55 to get here on Thursday as well
Shame they forgot the battery, took it out and forgot to put it back.
Can’t play until tomorrow at the earliest nowIMG_9188.jpeg

Back