The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I had a mk1 X-T30 and I disabled the Q button for exactly that reason. I have an X-T4 now and I love it; as @Dryce said the only thing that might be a negative is it's a bit bigger & heavier. For me, the viewfinder & IBIS are definitely worth the swap.
After seeing the XT4 in person I decided to stick with the X-T30ii due to the size difference.

I've deactivated the Q button and moved the function to the Fn button to see if that helps...

I started to think about an XT4 with its IBIS and focus stacking and then I slipped my XE3 with 27mm lens into my pocket and had a little word with myself.

This evening I had my first little play with a 7 artisans 35mm f0.95. And I can still fit it in my fleece pocket.

DSCF0512 by Simon, on Flickr

DSCF0532 by Simon, on Flickr

DSCF0534 by Simon, on Flickr

I started to think about an XT4 with its IBIS and focus stacking and then I slipped my XE3 with 27mm lens into my pocket and had a little word with myself.

This evening I had my first little play with a 7 artisans 35mm f0.95. And I can still fit it in my fleece pocket.

Once the upgrade worm is in your head, there is no stopping it, best just to give in sooner rather than later, so that you can make use of your new purchase.

Myself, @trevorbray and most of the Sony equipment forum visitors are testament to this phenomenon :ROFLMAO:

Once the upgrade worm is in your head, there is no stopping it, best just to give in sooner rather than later, so that you can make use of your new purchase.

Myself, @trevorbray and most of the Sony equipment forum visitors are testament to this phenomenon :ROFLMAO:

At this stage of my life a bigger, heavier camera is most definitely a retrograde step, not an upgrade.
That Voigtlander 35mm though....

:)

I had one of those 7Artisans lenses, liked it a lot. If you’ve just bought yours from MPB, you might well have my old one :)

After seeing the XT4 in person I decided to stick with the X-T30ii due to the size difference.

I've deactivated the Q button and moved the function to the Fn button to see if that helps...
That’s exactly what I did with mine, too :)

I had one of those 7Artisans lenses, liked it a lot. If you’ve just bought yours from MPB, you might well have my old one :)

Aah, interesting. I saw MPB had one but it was cheaper to buy a new one direct from China, even after getting hit for duty.

Edit - no, that's not quite right. Customs duty made it about a fiver more. But it's new.

Last edited:
Anybody gone from an X-T3 to an X-T5? If so, what do yolike about the 5? I have a little bit of cash available, and as I haven't upgraded the camera for a few years, I was going to sell/PX the T3 & grip for a T5, I could do with the IBIS as my hands aren't that steady these days.

Anybody gone from an X-T3 to an X-T5? If so, what do yolike about the 5? I have a little bit of cash available, and as I haven't upgraded the camera for a few years, I was going to sell/PX the T3 & grip for a T5, I could do with the IBIS as my hands aren't that steady these days.
Not a T3, but T2 and H1. I know you had T2's

But little things like the locking diopter for one. Battery life. Focus speed (but obviously depends on the lens). Just feels nice. Don't forget you can't get a battery grip for it. At least not from Fuji. I have the little hand grip on mine, and it works well. There are 3rd party ones too.

Not a T3, but T2 and H1. I know you had T2's

But little things like the locking diopter for one. Battery life. Focus speed (but obviously depends on the lens). Just feels nice. Don't forget you can't get a battery grip for it. At least not from Fuji. I have the little hand grip on mine, and it works well. There are 3rd party ones too.

Cheers Paul,

I have never used the grip on the T3. I bought it as I had one on a T2, but then realised I didn't like the additional weight, so it never got used. Not sure whether to P/X or sell the T3, but it means buying new batteries as well (and maybe a 23 f1.4 might sneak in there too!! :LOL: )

Cheers Paul,

I have never used the grip on the T3. I bought it as I had one on a T2, but then realised I didn't like the additional weight, so it never got used. Not sure whether to P/X or sell the T3, but it means buying new batteries as well (and maybe a 23 f1.4 might sneak in there too!! :LOL: )
No worries, Steve.
Also they don`t come with chargers nowadays, so that`s an extra outlay. but you do get a second battery with it. So far I`ve never needed to use both on an outing. The IBIS is very nice (y)

Cheers Paul,

And possibly faster memory cards as well.............

Can anyone recommend a brand of aftermarket batteries for the X-T30ii?
I'll buy original if they're worth the extra money, but at generally double the price, it seems unlikely...

I'll buy original if they're worth the extra money, but at generally double the price, it seems unlikely...
After having 3rd party batteries swelling up in my T2, I have always stuck with Fuji ones. At least you might have some comeback if they screw up the camera.

After having 3rd party batteries swelling up in my T2, I have always stuck with Fuji ones. At least you might have some comeback if they screw up the camera.

@beercan if you shoot video or a lot of burst stuff then I would stay with the Fujifilm ones (126S) and these were designed with better heat management. For general shooting though third party batteries shoulod be ok. But take @Paulie-W post seriously, this does happen, I've had several swell in the past, even Ex-Pro ones which at one time were the 3rd part battery of choice (non-S) - I've never had this with a Fujifilm battery.

Last edited:

I've been using Hahnel ones for a while now, not had any problems. I have a couple of batteries and a charger for sale in the classifieds, if you're interested.

Agree - tried a 3rd party and got very warm..

Why have a £500-£1500 camera and try to save £30 on a cheaper battery?

I have also had poor experience with third party batteries, so I am sticking to genuine Fuji ones now.

Great set (y)
But jeeez that bridge looks a bit squeaky bum time ;)
Thanks Paul.
It's nowhere near as bad as it looks from that angle :)
I certainly wouldn't want to fall off it (but you'd have to be doing something stupid to do that). 140m long, 28m drop. It does wobble a bit, but it's pretty well tensioned.

Bag advice please peeps!

Looking for something small for an XT3, 16mm 1.4 and 56mm 1,2. Would be nice if a small pocket for battery, potentially a 35mm f2 (although may sell) and possibly a small pocket for odds and ends although not essential (i.e. mini tripod, selfie stick etc..

I guess a Billingham style one without the £££. Doesnt have to look like a camera bag although all my others are (and have been) Lowepro. Am guessing it will be over the shoulder but may look at a sling type one. Hard to know online how nicely this combo will fit in so hit me up with what you use please

Damn, ordered the 3l and 6l Peak Design bags to try. Love the bags, the look, quality etc... but as thought, the 3l is a bit small and 6l is just too big!! If only there was a 4l version, that would probably be perfect!! Back to square 1 now!

Thanks Paul.
It's nowhere near as bad as it looks from that angle :)
I certainly wouldn't want to fall off it (but you'd have to be doing something stupid to do that). 140m long, 28m drop. It does wobble a bit, but it's pretty well tensioned.
Even at 28m you still wouldn't get me on that thing

Yup, X-T3 to X-T5 here.
The IBIS does seem to work well (no OIS on the lenses I normally use).
The eye A/F is far better than the 3 and another league on from the X-T2.
I'm not all that bothered by the extra megapixels, and have set the RAWs to lossless compressed to save space.
As others have mentioned, the extra battery life is good, but the charger is extra (and you have to a high capacity plug and cable to get the dual charger to work fully (don't plug it in to any old cheap phone charger)) unless you restrict yourself to charging the battery in camera.
The controls are different, but similar enough that swapping between my 2, 3 & 5 isn't a chore (other than the custom buttons set up for the eye A/F cannot be set exactly the same across them, but whatever).

I wish they did an X-T5s, but I'm leaning more towards the X-H2s, and the 26MP stacked sensor, rather than the X-T5 with the ergonomics I like, but too many pixels.

I wish they did an X-T5s, but I'm leaning more towards the X-H2s, and the 26MP stacked sensor, rather than the X-T5 with the ergonomics I like, but too many pixels.
I too was torn and originally thought I would go with the X-H2S, but after playing with both in the Fuji Shop I went with the more familiar handling X-T5 and bought the 33mm f/1.4 with the money I saved.

Yup, X-T3 to X-T5 here.
The IBIS does seem to work well (no OIS on the lenses I normally use).
The eye A/F is far better than the 3 and another league on from the X-T2.
I'm not all that bothered by the extra megapixels, and have set the RAWs to lossless compressed to save space.
As others have mentioned, the extra battery life is good, but the charger is extra (and you have to a high capacity plug and cable to get the dual charger to work fully (don't plug it in to any old cheap phone charger)) unless you restrict yourself to charging the battery in camera.
The controls are different, but similar enough that swapping between my 2, 3 & 5 isn't a chore (other than the custom buttons set up for the eye A/F cannot be set exactly the same across them, but whatever).
Is the eye AF on par with other brands? I moved back to Fuji (XT3) from a Canon R6 and the good eye AF is something I do miss. Don’t get me wrong I know I survived for years without it, but it’s certainly useful to have, and would definitely tempt me towards an XT5.

Is the eye AF on par with other brands? I moved back to Fuji (XT3) from a Canon R6 and the good eye AF is something I do miss. Don’t get me wrong I know I survived for years without it, but it’s certainly useful to have, and would definitely tempt me towards an XT5.
Eye AF on latest Fuji is very good. I’ve had the X-H2/s and T5. Currently Sony which is better, but it’s close.

There seems to be lots of X100v on LCE now, those hipsters who bought it as a trend must be all flogging them. Seen one below RRP finally too at £1199.

I too was torn and originally thought I would go with the X-H2S, but after playing with both in the Fuji Shop I went with the more familiar handling X-T5 and bought the 33mm f/1.4 with the money I saved.
I've borrowed an X-H2s and didn't hate the ergonomics like I thought I would. Will also borrow an X-T5 at some point too, as you say, there's also a big price difference.

OK, stupid question…

When you borrow a camera from Fujifilm on their loan system does the body come with a battery?

Daft question I know but the options are to add a battery and wondering if its included or a spare… :)

OK, stupid question…

When you borrow a camera from Fujifilm on their loan system does the body come with a battery?

Daft question I know but the options are to add a battery and wondering if its included or a spare… :)
I borrowed a X-T4 a fewyears back to do a mates wedding and that came with 2 batteries and a sd card.

OK, stupid question…

You just be able to borrow an extra battery if you wnated to dont know ifn that still the case.

Thanks for the quick answers. Obviously being the X-T5 its a different battery to my X-Pro2 so need to be sure. No point a camera body rocking up for a weekend with no battery! :)

Back