The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Sorry, going to bore you with more Steep Holm island shots from Weston :) If you aren't bored, there are more on Flickr :ROFLMAO:

I'm actually surprised how many I managed to capture. Shame the sky wasn't too interesting.

EDIT - 16!! I must have been drunk at Sunrise.... :ROFLMAO:

*** by Lee, on Flickr

*** by Lee, on Flickr

*** by Lee, on Flickr

Last edited:
Sorry, going to bore you with more Steep Holm island shots from Weston :) If you aren't bored, there are more on Flickr :ROFLMAO:

I'm actually surprised how many I managed to capture. Shame the sky wasn't too interesting.

*** by Lee, on Flickr

*** by Lee, on Flickr

*** by Lee, on Flickr
Visited there a few times with the in laws, sadly never had time to explore. Great pier though!

*** by Lee, on Flickr

*** by Lee, on Flickr

*** by Lee, on Flickr

Really enjoying these Lee. 16 shots? Pfff, that's nothing... friend of mine went out the other day and took over 2,000!!

Really enjoying these Lee. 16 shots? Pfff, that's nothing... friend of mine went out the other day and took over 2,000!!

Thanks. Yeah, I don't shoot a lot of images normally. I probably shot about 35-40 images in total on this morning including two Sony moonset/sunrise panorama images of about 6 frames each. That thought of going through 2000 is terrifying..... I go away on holiday for a week and only come home with a couple of hundred :)

Just added a Fuji 27mm WR to go with the x-t4, did not realise how small they are.
I had been watching some on WEX not realising there are 2 models, I couldn’t work out at first why MPB were charging much more than WEX.
Thought I would check out a few other sites and found one reduced from £420 to £320 at Cameraworld.
Just a 70-300 to save up a bit more for now. Not urgent, I just like to have one longer lens available

Messing around with my latest Lego build. I entered the nifty-fifty competition this month, and nicked the theme for facebook, to set a theme for a camera group I belong to on there. I had an idea in my head but I couldn't get a strong enough light source to silhouette the whole of the Millenium Falcon, but it worked quite well with the figures, I think.

DSCF8616.jpeg

Last edited:
I have organised an X-T5 this weekend, so my trusty T3, battery grip, and L bracket, plus a number of batteries will be going into the classifieds next week. I just need to sort out a price for the bundle.

Has anyone on here had a Fuji camera converted for infrared?

I'm toying with the idea of picking up a secondhand XE1 or similar for an IR convertion in time for summer......
I bought one already converted, an X-E1 830nm - worked fine, and nice being able to hand hlod IR shots without bumping the ISO into the stratosphere. Conversion was done by previous owner at Protech.

I think you have a couple of choices either go IR or go Full Spectrum and use a filter of your choice.

A few images here (though some are from a converted Nikon J1) https://www.flickr.com/photos/89667368@N05/albums/72157654029785134/with/49862750818/

These were a week into X100f ownership..... Not bad though.... I remember the ... not 'difficulty' ... but, it just felt weird shooting through just the OVF using just the histogram for exposure settings :) Enjoyable, but different. It was nice getting the OVF compositions & separation how I wanted it too.

Just so used to shooting the Sony bodies with EVF/LCD & maximum zebras!!

*** by Lee, on Flickr

*** by Lee, on Flickr

*** by Lee, on Flickr

*** by Lee, on Flickr

I bought one already converted, an X-E1 830nm - worked fine, and nice being able to hand hlod IR shots without bumping the ISO into the stratosphere. Conversion was done by previous owner at Protech.

I think you have a couple of choices either go IR or go Full Spectrum and use a filter of your choice.

A few images here (though some are from a converted Nikon J1) https://www.flickr.com/photos/89667368@N05/albums/72157654029785134/with/49862750818/

Thanks David.

MPB had a converted XE1 last week, only 250 quid or thereabouts. For some reason I dithered and missed out. Not sure why I didn't pull the trigger as that's a decent price I think.

Nice images BTW. Morton Corbett is only 15 minutes from my house. I should visit there more often.

I've just posted my X-T30ii in the classifieds as I've decided to keep the X-S10, in case anyone wants one. :)

I'm toying with the idea of picking up a secondhand XE1 or similar for an IR convertion in time for summer......

I had my Xe2s converted to 790nm about 6 years ago by Protech after dropping my Protech converted Xe1 & bending it slightly lol. The Xe2s is my go too body not shooting much colour & very rarely using my normal Xt1. Be aware that not all lenses work with Infra red.

Toonie

Be aware that not all lenses work with Infra red.

Toonie

@JasonPC - this is true, lots have quite significant IR hotspots

Cheers.

A Google of my 16-80 gives conflicting reports about its IR performance. Seems the 18-135 is very good for IR though. I'd most likely pick one of those up as well as they're fairly inexpensive secondhand.

@JasonPC This is guy I bought the converted IR X-E1 off, and his Stone Circle project

I use a Fuji 16mm f1.4 + 23mm f1.4 & Fuji 18-135 which I can confirm all perform excellently with infra red throughout all apertures & focal ranges, The Fuji 18-55 which is a very sharp lens when used on my normal colour body is absolutely unusable for infra red.

Toonie

I got a X-E1 converted to 720. I use the 15-45 power zoom on mine, the power bit can a pain but it works well in infared.
Aslo the 35mm f2 and 16mm f2.8 are ok on mine.
in to the Valley by Graham Norton, on Flickr
35mm

Ghost Rider by Graham Norton, on Flickr

16mm f2.8

DSCF4718-Edit.jpg

And the 15-45 zoom

Last edited:
I'm working in Bologna for a while and managed a wander round the city this weekend. Some pics (X-T2 and 10-24mm or 55-230)

1. Basilica of San Petronio
La Grassa V by Ian, on Flickr

2. The Palazzo del Podestà
La Grassa III by Ian, on Flickr

3. Random Italian man
La Grassa VII by Ian, on Flickr

4. The portico where I am staying
La Grassa XI by Ian, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

I have a 720nm Xpro1. The 18-135mm is great for IR, but I didn't keep mine - After I got the Tamron 17-70 for regular photography I found it was great for IR too, so sold the 18-135.

Well that's it. Fujifilm X100F is on its way to me. I have finally got one for a bargain of a price and will finally be able to scratch the Fuji itch! Shame I couldn't get it sooner as I am going out on a walk today and would have loved to play around with it.

Can't wait to post pictures on here of what I've captured. Should probably start posting on my Flickr again.

In one of those too-long videos that could have been an email, FujiRumors predicts a follow-up to the X-T30 ii.

It is perfect for that!

I have my X100V with me whenever I go out anywhere. Yesterday I ended up using it when I couldn't be bothered to switch to a wider lens on my X-T2. The X100V isn't the best camera for shooting action, but I liked the resulting image:

DH Pan by Lewis Craik, on Flickr

Cats out the bag!

X100VI £1,599

X100VI Limited Edition, 1934 units worldwide, only available from Fujifilm House Of Photography (from 6th April) £1,934

1934 = Fujifilm's year of incorporation - limited edition, special box, strap, soft release and hsitory cards, Body engraved with original Fujifilm Logo and serial number.

Back