The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Quite a price jump but I guess the jump in specs largely justifies that (although a bit strange given that they literally cut the prices of the XT5, XH2 and XH2s by hundreds earlier this week.
I know it would fit what I want to be doing this year but its hard to justify when I reckon I could get a used XT5 and the original 23mm f1.4 lens for a similar price.

Well. I’ve not been too bothered about a new X100. But I’ll probably check it out.
Well I cant see any real benefit to me as it has the old battery whilst all my main Fuji cameras have the newer NP-235 battery.

The usual group on socials is out on full force today, I've seen

1- Someone moaning Fuji bringing out too many X100 too frequently and that they used to bring out bodies every 3, 4 or 5 years" Complete 180 from the truth of Fuji's usual update pattern of every 2 years in earlier models and he somehow forgot it has been 4 years since the V.
2 - The usual "Made in China" post, whilst typing on their Chinese made phones to justify some hypocritical morality.
3 - Also a few "I should have waited"...it's not like this isn't coming.

Just seen reviews of the X100VI. Definitely a good camera. Can't justify it though for my usage as a hobbyist...

Do I want it? Yes.
Do I need it? No.

:ROFLMAO:

Me too. The Xpro2 and XF 30mm will be going soon.

I've always preferred the "35mm" FOV of the 23mm lens and the original 23 f1.4 is largely what has lived on any Fuji body I own.
Time and space constraints mean I've barely taken a photo in two years; I'm hoping something I can easily chuck in the bag will get me out and about a bit more!

I've always preferred the "35mm" FOV of the 23mm lens and the original 23 f1.4 is largely what has lived on any Fuji body I own.
Time and space constraints mean I've barely taken a photo in two years; I'm hoping something I can easily chuck in the bag will get me out and about a bit more!
Exactly this. I've found the 30mm to be a little in no man's land focal length wise and too short for any real macro.

I loved my X100F and looking forward to getting that smaller form factor back in. I do take the Xpro2 out, but I'm just not overly happy with what I'm getting from it.

This will hopefully solve it. Where'd you order from?

Exactly this. I've found the 30mm to be a little in no man's land focal length wise and too short for any real macro.

I loved my X100F and looking forward to getting that smaller form factor back in. I do take the Xpro2 out, but I'm just not overly happy with what I'm getting from it.

I've just gone to WEX, they've never let me down on a Day 1 launch yet; I suspect they probably get the largest stock allocation in the UK

If you don't mind me asking, what things are you not happy with on the Xpro2?

If you don't mind me asking, what things are you not happy with on the Xpro2?
Of course not. In all honesty, it's a fantastic camera and I was waiting for the Xpro4 more than this, but I've missed the X100 form.

Biggest issue I have with the Xpro2 are actually the lens (my choice, my fault) and lack of image stabilisation. It's a bloody good camera and if you take it for what it is, you can see why many still prefer it to the Xpro3.

I would pick the X-Pro2 over the X-Pro3 too, I still regret not getting a mint boxed one for £600 with leather half case 2 years ago...but now my mind is firmly in the new x100VI now. I am thinking whether I should sell something to fund it, but I am reluctant to sell my X100 original, X-T1 (not worth a lot), or the XPro1 (which is very cool still), or even the XS10....which is my only IBIS X series body.

I put a pre-order in with Jessops for the new X100- went to the local WEX and there was already no stock at lunch time!
Has anyone got any stock, I thought it was pre-order everywhere?

I put a pre-order in with Jessops for the new X100- went to the local WEX and there was already no stock at lunch time!

I woke up this morning, whilst sitting on the bog I registered with LCE at 7:20am, by 10am I got a link to drop £50 deposit. I haven't done that yet...in 2 minds, I think I have until midnight to do this before I lose my spot.

I woke up this morning, whilst sitting on the bog I registered with LCE at 7:20am, by 10am I got a link to drop £50 deposit. I haven't done that yet...in 2 minds, I think I have until midnight to do this before I lose my spot.
Do it.

£50 quid, my local LCE wanted 10%! Don’t think I’ll bother….. Quite happy with my X-Pro1 & X-Pro2. :)

Yes, my local LCE want £100 too. Clifton Cameras want a fiver (or at least wanted a fiver when I did at 6.30 this morning after the kids woke me up :rolleyes:)

Both of those deposits are refundable by the way. Manager at my local LCE said there were about 40 paid deposits at about 1.30pm, which he said isn't considered high. Not sure if that's store specific or the whole of LCE. Anyway, he did say that the deposits were steadily coming in though. Suspect there will be plenty of stock. Nothing like a good bit of pre-order frenzy and excitement!

Both of those deposits are refundable by the way. Manager at my local LCE said there were about 40 paid deposits at about 1.30pm, which he said isn't considered high. Not sure if that's store specific or the whole of LCE. Anyway, he did say that the deposits were steadily coming in though. Suspect there will be plenty of stock. Nothing like a good bit of pre-order frenzy and excitement!

Fuji themselves says there will be plenty of stock. I suspect moving to China is the reason, it also explains why there is a gap of 2 extra years from the last model as they moved manufacturing, they need to train people, move/build machinery, supply line etc etc. They know the demand now and hopefully built the new factory in accordance to the demand.

Just as a heads up for Capture One users, todays update (16.3.6) adds X100VI support., for when you get hold of one. :)

Fuji fans can see the X Summit here:

And the Fuji Guys have taken a first look:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnHLz-RDYW8

I know spec isn't everything but I can't see anything else on the market that has

1 - Leaf Shutter
2 - Built in 23/2.0 lens (or eqv)
3 - Built in ND Filter

This is before

4 - IBIS
5 - 40mp
6 - latest gen AF
7 - Film simulation
8 - Tilt screen
9 - Wifi with a good app to transfer files
10 - Compact size

I can't think of another body that even has 2 of the top 3.

I know spec isn't everything but I can't see anything else on the market that has

1 - Leaf Shutter
2 - Built in 23/2.0 lens (or eqv)
3 - Built in ND Filter

This is before

4 - IBIS
5 - 40mp
6 - latest gen AF
7 - Film simulation
8 - Tilt screen
9 - Wifi with a good app to transfer files
10 - Compact size

I can't think of another body that even has 2 of the top 3.

You could argue that the 28mm F1.7 on the Leica Q series is a superior lens to the 23mm F2.0 on the Fuji and the Leica Q series have leaf shutters, so in the words of Meatloaf "2 out 3 ain't bad"

And the Leica Q3 scores quite happily on your second set, OIS, 60MP, decent phase detection AF, Leica Camera Profiles, a new downloadable feature, Tilt Screen - tick, excellent APP - leica Fotos for transfer, reasonably compact - its just teh price that would have most people running for the hills. It also has about 1 stop better DR across the ISO range and a much more straightforward menu system.

Last edited:
Back