The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I know spec isn't everything but I can't see anything else on the market that has

1 - Leaf Shutter
2 - Built in 23/2.0 lens (or eqv)
3 - Built in ND Filter
Ricoh GR iii has 1 & 3 and a 28mm f2.8 lens which can be had for under a grand.
It also has IBIS, some film simulation, wi-fi and is about as compact as you can get. :)

There’s a world of difference between the Leica Fotos app and the awful Fuji app. Makes a huge difference if you’re into transferring to phone, editing and uploading to social media on the go, it’s the best camera app period.

There’s a world of difference between the Leica Fotos app and the awful Fuji app. Makes a huge difference if you’re into transferring to phone, editing and uploading to social media on the go, it’s the best camera app period.

Hence it is way down the list.

Bugger. Not sure I should have read that.

Same, now I 100% want one. Except I just spent £1900 on my car LOL and going to have a couple of thousand of expenses outgoing in the next 2 months. So will have to wait until the summer.

But first, I will need to get a grip, I don't like my original X100 without it, and also a thumb rest, and a filter adaptor. Luckily already have a Pro mist filter so that saves me some money. I want to have all those ready day one before getting it.

Get yourself a £15 usbc card reader and you're laughing. Way faster than WiFi also.

I use my X-S10 mainly on holiday, sending photos to my phone and share it with friends. At home I do use the SD card reader, but my point about wifi isn't about transfer at home, but when out.

I use my X-S10 mainly on holiday, sending photos to my phone and share it with friends. At home I do use the SD card reader, but my point about wifi isn't about transfer at home, but when out.
Fair point. I don't find the Fuji app that bad for transferring the odd file mind you.

Maybe, finally, X-E4s will start coming down in price!

Golly. Seems I’ve got a couple 126s batteries on charge. Don’t know how that happened.

All the breaking strain of a wet kit kat - crumbles at every opportunity :ROFLMAO:

To be fair, it looks a nice camera, not Leica Q3 nice mind you, but nice all the same................................

The madness has started

UK

USA

The madness has started

UK

USA

Did some street shooting in London yesterday, I swear I saw someone that looked a lot like @trevorbray outside the Fujifilm HOP with a sleeping bag, chair and flask..........

I know spec isn't everything but I can't see anything else on the market that has

1 - Leaf Shutter
2 - Built in 23/2.0 lens (or eqv)
3 - Built in ND Filter

This is before

4 - IBIS
5 - 40mp
6 - latest gen AF
7 - Film simulation
8 - Tilt screen
9 - Wifi with a good app to transfer files
10 - Compact size

I can't think of another body that even has 2 of the top 3.
#1 requires #3 even with notional 1/4000.
For #2 the lens has always been good but the new V version is stellar. If the Leica lens(es) are better that is fine but I and others dont have them on our cameras. Each camera has unique characteristics that make it best in certain niches.
#4-6 are important but for me are more useful with telephotos.
#7 is a Fuji thing.
#8 is a personal preference, I prefer the flippy screen on my XH2.
#9 yes but then someone will always claim it isnt fast enough even if it was TeraBit wifi!
#10 is subjective. My Fuji X30 is wonderful and is exactly what I want in an X100 and that includes the zoom lens. If my Fuji X30 had an APS-C sensor it would be perfect (for me).

Last edited:
Did some street shooting in London yesterday, I swear I saw someone that looked a lot like @trevorbray outside the Fujifilm HOP with a sleeping bag, chair and flask..........

Surely @trevorbray travelled eastwards....................look there he is in the queue

Surely @trevorbray travelled eastwards....................look there he is in the queue

I’ve actually taken the batteries off charge.

#1 requires #3 even with notional 1/4000.
For #2 the lens has always been good but the new V version is stellar. If the Leica lens(es) are better that is fine but I and others dont have them on our cameras. Each camera has unique characteristics that make it best in certain niches.
#4-6 are important but for me are more useful with telephotos.
#7 is a Fuji thing.
#8 is a personal preference, I prefer the flippy screen on my XH2.
#9 yes but then someone will always claim it isnt fast enough even if it was TeraBit wifi!
#10 is subjective. My Fuji X30 is wonderful and is exactly what I want in an X100 and that includes the zoom lens. If my Fuji X30 had an APS-C sensor it would be perfect (for me).

I would sell all of my other equipment if they released a credible X30 update.

If you want one soon, at retail price, you may have missed the boat: https://amateurphotographer.com/lat...eaks-all-records-as-sales-are-off-the-charts/

It'll be fine, I got a PS5 and Xbox Series X within the first year of release when they were being scalped like crazy. Both at retail, the X-Box I just walked into John Lewis and they had one on discount even because the box had a little tear on it.

(Both of these are made in China)

I have never really failed to get anything I wanted, in the timeline that I wanted so I have faith that it will be fine. I even managed to get Taylor Swift Era's Tour tickets, 3 separate times! It'll be fine.

Last edited:
Anyone tempted by the x100vi? I’m half tempted to sell all my m4/3 gear just so I can afford that camera. But I’m holding back for an interchangeable lens camera with weather sealing and ibis as compact as that. I wonder if they’ll merge the x-pro line with x-e line to give something that’s similarly compact as the x100, weather sealed and has ibis. I don’t particularly need the optical viewfinder. I think that would be my dream come true, but the x100vi seems pretty darn close and I doubt my dream camera will ever be invented lol. My trouble is I fantasise about gear, but don’t actually use the gear I have. Perhaps I just need to get out more with the stuff I have, but currently don’t own a weather sealed camera and looking outside the window today it seems I need one.

Anyone tempted by the x100vi? I’m half tempted to sell all my m4/3 gear just so I can afford that camera. But I’m holding back for an interchangeable lens camera with weather sealing and ibis as compact as that. I wonder if they’ll merge the x-pro line with x-e line to give something that’s similarly compact as the x100, weather sealed and has ibis. I don’t particularly need the optical viewfinder. I think that would be my dream come true, but the x100vi seems pretty darn close and I doubt my dream camera will ever be invented lol. My trouble is I fantasise about gear, but don’t actually use the gear I have. Perhaps I just need to get out more with the stuff I have, but currently don’t own a weather sealed camera and looking outside the window today it seems I need one.

The Rangefinder OVF is something that sounds good on paper but quite different in practice. I have it in my XPro1 and X100 and I cannot get used to it. There are 2 issues for me.

1 - It is off-center, yes it is only slightly but I don't really crop in post. You are also off my a fraction of a fraction a degree from a perspective POV.
2 - The framing lines is not 100% accurate. I try to frame it to the lines it suggest in the OVF, it is never 100% to those, not even 99%. It's probably more like 95%. (The X100vi might be better but I like it to be 100%.

Both of these results in What you see IS NOT what you get. After couple of decades of shooting with What you see is what you get with SLR and DSLR, or even the same with a phone, I find Rangefinders doesn't work for me and I almost always put it in EVF mode.

I wonder if they’ll merge the x-pro line with x-e line to give something that’s similarly compact as the x100, weather sealed and has ibis.

I don't think so. I think we'll see a distinct X-Pro 4 at some point. It's part of the X-series brand identity. I suspect Fuji don't sell that many but the publicity, loyalty, and goodwill it generates make up for the lack of volume.

The Rangefinder OVF is something that sounds good on paper but quite different in practice. I have it in my XPro1 and X100 and I cannot get used to it. There are 2 issues for me.

1 - It is off-center, yes it is only slightly but I don't really crop in post. You are also off my a fraction of a fraction a degree from a perspective POV.
2 - The framing lines is not 100% accurate. I try to frame it to the lines it suggest in the OVF, it is never 100% to those, not even 99%. It's probably more like 95%. (The X100vi might be better but I like it to be 100%.

Both of these results in What you see IS NOT what you get. After couple of decades of shooting with What you see is what you get with SLR and DSLR, or even the same with a phone, I find Rangefinders doesn't work for me and I almost always put it in EVF mode.

Now see, although I'm only a month or so in with the X100f, I am 100% rangefinder OVF because I like the experience of it and use the camera as a digital film camera .....

Now see, although I'm only a month or so in with the X100f, I am 100% rangefinder OVF because I like the experience of it and use the camera as a digital film camera .....

So this is the typical "experience" when I use the OVF.

1 - Pick up camera
2 - Switch to OVF
3 - Looks through it
4 - Thinking "wow, isn't this nice, like the old days with DSLR, seeing the real world and not a screen"
5 - Frames photo with the line to make sure what I want in there is in there and what I don't want isn't in there.
6 - Takes photo
7 - Checks photo and see it is off and think "FFS, I didn't want that traffic light in there, I swear it framed it just outside of frame"
8 - Retake
9 - "FFS, it is too far the other side now!"

Repeat Steps 5 to 9 about 3 times and then.....

10 - f*** it, I'll use the EVF.

That is my experience and I keep trying to go back....but the "FFS, this is off again!" is just endlessly infuriating. It overpowers any good feeling of "feeling like a film camera." from using it.

Last edited:
You're now one step away from the Leica rabbit hole, congrats :ROFLMAO:

If I had the spare money I would have been down that rabbit hole many many years ago ;)

I started off on the cheap side with the A7, Voigtlander Classic 40/1.4 M and Leitz tele elmarit 90/2.8 M thin for several years before..... I did love that set up at the time.

So this is the typical "experience" when I use the OVF.

1 - Pick up camera
2 - Switch to OVF
3 - Looks through it
4 - Thinking "wow, isn't this nice, like the old days with DSLR, seeing the real world and not a screen"
5 - Frames photo with the line to make sure what I want in there is in there and what I don't want isn't in there.
6 - Takes photo
7 - Checks photo and see it is off and think "FFS, I didn't want that traffic light in there, I swear it framed it just outside of frame"
8 - Retake
9 - "FFS, it is too far the other side now!"

Repeat Steps 5 to 9 about 3 times and then.....

10 - f*** it, I'll use the EVF.

That is my experience and I keep trying to go back....but the "FFS, this is off again!" is just endlessly infuriating. It overpowers and good feeling of "feeling like a film camera." from using it.

See, I fall out of your procedure at point 7 because I don't have image review switched on either :)

I do get where you are coming from though :ROFLMAO:

See, I fall out of your procedure at point 7 because I don't have image review switched on either :)

I do get where you are coming from though :ROFLMAO:

If I don't review it then I wouldn't know and it would be fine....but my habit is to check it, especially when in the process of taking it I made a conscious effort to frame in or out something/object so I want to make sure I did it correctly.

I don't think so. I think we'll see a distinct X-Pro 4 at some point. It's part of the X-series brand identity. I suspect Fuji don't sell that many but the publicity, loyalty, and goodwill it generates make up for the lack of volume.
As Dryce has said. I don’t think they’ll get rid of x-pro line with OVF and EVF. I was just stating what I’d like to have. I don’t they’ll make a weather sealed x-e model with IBIS, but one can dream. If they do, then I’d like to see more function buttons and dials as on the x-e3. I don’t get why they slimmed the x-e4 down so much. I’ve got an x-e2 atm along with m4/3 gear. I will get rid of one system or the other for a camera upgrade at some point. Just waiting for that perfect camera lol

I don't think I have ever used the OVF on my X100V.

Back