The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Question for the wise and experienced readers please...
Which is better... A used Fuji 56mm f/1.2R for £399 or used Sigma 56mm f1.4 DC DN Contemporary for £318...?
If you’re a fan of purple fringing buy the Fuji ….

Thought I was going to be in the second or third allocation, but just had a call and picking up tomorrow :banana:

When did you order?

LCE told me I am not going to be in Batch 1 when I ordered on Satuday....I actually don't want to be, I am hoping to get it like in a month's time if possible lol. I only just ordered the lens hood today from Aliexpress which will take at least 2 weeks to arrive. Want to get screen protector, memory card and Smallrig's thumbgrip isn't released until end of March.

Last edited:
I placed an order with my local LCE on 20th Feb, but it was mid-afternoon before I'd gotten around to it, and I was slated as being in the second batch by that point. I guess many have dropped out after getting from elsewhere or having second thoughts.

I've seen reports of X100V accessories not fitting on the VI - namely the filter/lens hoods. Apparently the thread is slightly longer on the VI so they don't screw all the way back.

Oooooh, will wait for more infor before getting my hood then, or perhaps have to get the official Fuji adaptor.

"We are writing to provide an update regarding the Fujifilm X100VI Digital Camera that was newly announced. We understand that you are eagerly awaiting the arrival of this new product.

At this time, we regret to inform you that we do not have a confirmed ETA for the Fujifilm X100VI Digital Camera."

Thanks, Danny. Very specific :confused::ROFLMAO:

I just saw a post on the X100 group with these photos (from Reddit). There is a step/gap between the Hoage filter/hood to the body, but all the reports seems to be for the 3rd party adaptor, nobody has found out whether the official Fuji weather sealing kit has the same step/gap. Luckily I got one of these included with my X100!

CQOXAxJ.jpg

1wMZgsF.jpg

I can't imagine it's a third party thing - they'll all be threaded to line up at the same orientation, which is dependant on the threads on the lens being the same.

I just saw a post on the X100 group with these photos (from Reddit). There is a step/gap between the Hoage filter/hood to the body, but all the reports seems to be for the 3rd party adaptor, nobody has found out whether the official Fuji weather sealing kit has the same step/gap. Luckily I got one of these included with my X100!

CQOXAxJ.jpg

1wMZgsF.jpg
It arrives and is on charge. Definitely not seeing this gap with the official Fuji adapter. However, it is a very slightly darker shade of silver than the camera, so swings and roundabouts! Can also confirm that screen protectors for the v work fine on the vi.

It arrives and is on charge. Definitely not seeing this gap with the official Fuji adapter. However, it is a very slightly darker shade of silver than the camera, so swings and roundabouts! Can also confirm that screen protectors for the v work fine on the vi.

What hood are you using?

For those of you with the 150-600, are you convinced it's a better option than the 100-400 + 1.4TC?

Do you notice the additional weight? Is it much longer ? (the 100-400 with TC is a tight fit in one of my rucksacks).
This went unanswered, but I think it got caught up in all the hype over the V1. So, can anybody give me some feedback please?

This went unanswered, but I think it got caught up in all the hype over the V1. So, can anybody give me some feedback please?
I've seen one a few times in the Fuji HOP and it's ridiculously long Steve and horrible pearlescent shade of dirty white.

Not sure if you already have the 100-400 but mint one's can be picked up for 750-800

Some discussion on this subject here;

Steve. You know I’ve had one. But never even seen the 100-400. Unable to make any comparison. However I can tell you that is very sharp. Internal zoom. Balanced well on my X-H2S. Never mounted it on T5. Yes it’s F8 at the long end. Wasn’t a problem for me.

Steve. You know I’ve had one. But never even seen the 100-400. Unable to make any comparison. However I can tell you that is very sharp. Internal zoom. Balanced well on my X-H2S. Never mounted it on T5. Yes it’s F8 at the long end. Wasn’t a problem for me.
No way could I afford the 150-600 but have to say that having had a 100-400 and now owning a 75-300 with t/c I HATE external zooms or whatever they are called, as they are problems waiting to happen. I've spent a lot of money recently having non-internals zooms cleaned and serviced.

No way could I afford the 150-600 but have to say that having had a 100-400 and now owning a 75-300 with t/c I HATE external zooms or whatever they are called, as they are problems waiting to happen. I've spent a lot of money recently having non-internals zooms cleaned and serviced.
Keep saving Steve.

After resisting since pre-orders started for the x100vi I've finally put a deposit down. My procrastination has gained me nothing but an exponentially longer wait for me to spend wishing I'd ordered the silver instead of the black!

The 100-400 + 1.4TC is f8 @ 560mm, so no change there. My "concern" is, will the 40MP sensor become noisy if the light starts to dip and I need to run at 3200ISO??????

The 100-400 + 1.4TC is f8 @ 560mm, so no change there. My "concern" is, will the 40MP sensor become noisy if the light starts to dip and I need to run at 3200ISO??????
You’re overthinking it. Modern noise reduction software is your friend. DXO PureRAW 3

Take a look at my recent post of running dog in the Olympus thread. 12800 ISO through PureRAW 3

I've seen one a few times in the Fuji HOP and it's ridiculously long Steve and horrible pearlescent shade of dirty white.

Not sure if you already have the 100-400 but mint one's can be picked up for 750-800

Some discussion on this subject here;

I already have the 100-400 & 1.4TC (560mm). I was thinking of selling them for the 150-600, but I think I need to play with one first. May see if LFH have one...

I already have the 100-400 & 1.4TC (560mm). I was thinking of selling them for the 150-600, but I think I need to play with one first. May see if LFH have one...
I was always very pleased with my 100-400, sharp as hell. Prefer internal zooms for sure but I think you'll be surprised how big it is. You're gonna need a bigger bag.

That looks very good, so Pure RAW is a one off purchase? How does it dovetail in to an Adobe workflow?
I use PR 3 as and when needed. Imho it's very good at whit does.
I tend to (probably) go a long winded route, and add said image into PR, then use the settings (can save them) to open up in PS after its processed. It's quick too, although not batched anything. One off purchase (y)

Back