The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I already have the 100-400 & 1.4TC (560mm). I was thinking of selling them for the 150-600, but I think I need to play with one first. May see if LFH have one...
I have both lenses and the 1.4x (sold the 2x, not overly impressed) is excellent on either.

The 150-600mm is a cracking bit of kit, balances on my X-H2 bodies much better than the 100-400mm and even though they weigh almost the same it 'feels' lighter. No zoom lens creep and focus is faster than the 100-400mm. Tracks better too on the X-H2S.

It is a sharp lens, but f8 does mean you have to watch the light but I have never found it to be a problem. Just something to be aware of.

The 1.4x is equally superb in both lenses (and the 70-300mm), so if you are thinking of swopping the 100-400mm, try to keep the 1.4x as it really does make a difference in extra reach.

I already have the 100-400 & 1.4TC (560mm). I was thinking of selling them for the 150-600, but I think I need to play with one first. May see if LFH have one...
Don't forget the free 48 hour test drives.

Very non-committal email from WEX about X100VI pre-order - I ordered about about 6.30AM as well so there must be some waitlist
Yea i got one too id ordered it late in the day.. I wasn’t even looking at buying one yet looked at here and then started looking online and i jumped in and ordered one I’m not holding my hopes on it arriving too soon from looking at the email ☹️

New camera day today. :)

Infrared converted XT2 has landed. Nice to have the XT2 again - luckily I kept my Smallrig grip from when I had one years ago.

Hopefully out for a trial run tomorrow to see if the 16-80 works OK for IR.

Just need a nice, sunny day tomorrow please Mr Met Office...

Ohhh, ooopps... :p:oops: :$

New camera day today. :)

Infrared converted XT2 has landed. Nice to have the XT2 again - luckily I kept my Smallrig grip from when I had one years ago.

Hopefully out for a trial run tomorrow to see if the 16-80 works OK for IR.

Just need a nice, sunny day tomorrow please Mr Met Office...

Ohhh, ooopps... :p:oops: :$
IR works on grey days as well but you get different colour rendering as the clouds mute the IR.
What conversion did you get, Full Spectrum, or single wavelength?

So I am pretty happy with my shorter lenses, I like to have a longer lens in my bag for the occasional times I need it. This is pretty rare, normally once or twice a year.

I have a couple of holidays coming up this year, including a cruise. I have been saving up for the Fuji 70-300, which I will be able to afford before the cruise.
I could go fo the Tamron 18-300 and save about £300 for other stuff and have I a feeling that the Tamron will be ok of the amount of time I will probably use it.

Does anyone have experiance of both ?

IR works on grey days as well but you get different colour rendering as the clouds mute the IR.
What conversion did you get, Full Spectrum, or single wavelength?

Thanks Jonathan.

I was looking online for an Xt2, or similar, secondhand to send off for conversion and found a ready converted Xt2 for 500 quid, 6 months warranty from a well-known online store. Saved a fair bit of money.

It's a 665nm conversion, which is what I'd decided on anyway. As long as all is well after a test run, I think I've landed quite lucky.

Thanks Jonathan.

I was looking online for an Xt2, or similar, secondhand to send off for conversion and found a ready converted Xt2 for 500 quid, 6 months warranty from a well-known online store. Saved a fair bit of money.

It's a 665nm conversion, which is what I'd decided on anyway. As long as all is well after a test run, I think I've landed quite lucky.
You can always add external filters of longer wavelengths - but obviously they will block light (as on an unconverted camera) so will either have to be tripod mounted or ISO bumped to compensate.

Looking forward to seeing some images

Thanks Jonathan.

I like my XE2 that is 665nm converted but my XT1 is Full Spectrum. The Full Spectrum allows you to use filters as @Mr Perceptive says.

I like my XE2 that is 665nm converted but my XT1 is Full Spectrum. The Full Spectrum allows you to use filters as @Mr Perceptive says.
Actually full spectrum allows you to use a single filter and remain handheld without having to bump ISO, stacking IR filters ie putting an 830nm filter on a converted 665nm camera is in effect a double filter and you will have to resort to tripod mounting or heavily bumping ISO.

There is an element of IR blocking on unmodified cameras, so the original sensor filter has reduced sensitivity at these wavelengths (the sensitivity reduces as the wavelength lengthens), so any IR filter on an unmodified camera results in the same effect as a double filter. Back to tripod or heavily bumping ISO.

There are image benefits in longer wavelength IR photography as you will get much deeper blacks, but you really need plenty of sunlight to get the best results.

Last edited:
Just been browsing E-Infinity this morning, and noticed the price of their X100 VI. It's £700 more than UK list (or nearly 45% increase). Talking about price gouging. Suppose if one is desperate enough, someone will buy it at that price to skip the queues ?

A quick few test shots with the infrared Xt2 and the 16-80 show a very mild colour hotspot at f8 and above. No issues in b&w so certainly usable. I'll pick up a used 18-135 at some point though.

@jknights

Which lenses do you use?

18-135 is king. Tamron 17-70 is good for IR too, maybe a little sharper but less reach.

Just been browsing E-Infinity this morning, and noticed the price of their X100 VI. It's £700 more than UK list (or nearly 45% increase). Talking about price gouging. Suppose if one is desperate enough, someone will buy it at that price to skip the queues ?

Some people are asking that for the V.

18-135 is king. Tamron 17-70 is good for IR too, maybe a little sharper but less reach.

I guess I was only prolonging the inevitable so just ordered a used 18-135. Hopefully arriving tomorrow.

Off work after tomorrow so a trip to Wales later in the week, with the new gear, could be on the cards..

Hi there…does anyone know if a hard copy of the x100vi pdf ( more comprehensive than the basic manual in the box) is available , and if so where from ?…can’t seem to find anything on the Fujifilm website.
thanks..Steve.

Hi there…does anyone know if a hard copy of the x100vi pdf ( more comprehensive than the basic manual in the box) is available , and if so where from ?

There's a link available on this page at the Fuji Rumors site. It's also embedded in that page.

There's a link available on this page at the Fuji Rumors site. It's also embedded in that page.

Thanks.. I was wondering if a physical hard copy ( printed ) is available?

Back