The Falls of Muick

Name
Len
Edit My Images
Yes
Here's one from the Falls of Muick on the edge of the Queens Estate at Balmoral.

_D7K1676_resize.jpg

I really like the composition of this (y) and it looks like you've got the exposure about right (y) but a little processing would really bring this to life

I've done a quick edit to show what could be got out of the file (y) I'll confess the level that I've boosted the vibrancy may not be to everyone's taste ;) if you wish me to take it down please let me know (y)

Portybear Edit by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

I'd love to see an edit about half way between the 2 which are posted.

Great catch on the water flow though....definitely prefer that in the first image.

Maybe it would work better in B/W?

I find that brown dirty water really distracting.

Otherwise I like it.

Great shot you have there Len (y), as above you could lighten the shadows up a bit to get some of the detail in the rocks and trees, Matt's edit may be a bit too much as it is starting to affect the water. (no offence Matt :))

other than that you have the shutter speed spot on (y) (i am a sucker for slow shutters)

I have been to them falls before but on the other side of the water beside the salmon ladder, i need to get back to the side you shot from as there is loads of potential on that side too.

Cheers
Chris.

Great shot you have there Len (y), as above you could lighten the shadows up a bit to get some of the detail in the rocks and trees, Matt's edit may be a bit too much as it is starting to affect the water. (no offence Matt :))

other than that you have the shutter speed spot on (y) (i am a sucker for slow shutters)

I have been to them falls before but on the other side of the water beside the salmon ladder, i need to get back to the side you shot from as there is loads of potential on that side too.

Cheers
Chris.

No offence taken to be honest even I felt as soon as I'd seen it on flickr that I'd taken it a little too far :eek: but I decided to still post it as it does show the amount of detail even in a small jpeg that is there to be drawn out (y)

Matt

Back