the felling of the timber....

Name
Allan
Edit My Images
Yes
i took this a few weeks ago and didn't think anything of it. It caught my eye while skimming through tonight and now i really like it.

i have no photo editing software , only Nikon view NX.

i shoot in raw so i have just lowered the exposure 2 notches and upped the colour 2 notches and the outcome is below.

dont hold back......

DSC_0596.jpg

cheers, Al

i found photoshop elements 3 on my pc :shrug: how did that get there. must of come with the 'pooter. i've cropped it a bit to reduce the emptyness of the trees and make the 'stump' more of the subject ?

i know what you mean about something missing.

DSC_0596_01copy.jpg

I actually kind of like the first pic. Maybe a touch more contrast, saturate the colours and touch of sharpening?

i've given that a shot. elements 3 seem to be lacking much sharpness control, its normal or sharp , no slider bar as far as i can find. I think this might be overdone ?

no3.jpg

Prefer the first, makes the wood more authentic british.. its got a damp feel to it all.

cheers for the comments

Al

Last edited:
i've given that a shot. elements 3 seem to be lacking much sharpness control, its normal or sharp , no slider bar as far as i can find. I think this might be overdone ?

no3.jpg

cheers for the comments

Al

Hey Al, not a bad effort. I think the last one is getting where it should be but it looks way over saturated, maybe reduce saturation a little and see what you get. I think your looking for a contrast boost more on the first shots but im no expert at this either. Try again with the original and CS4 now yu have it.

Back