img4793011qy.jpg

18-55 kit lens,
@ 53mm,
F8,
1/3 sec
Iso 100,

Thanks for looking.
Ken.

I like it, quite spooky if you know what I mean, the orange colours really stand out nicely. Imo do you think the sky needs opening up a bit, as its dark and this might add a more dramatic feel?

ps Did you get wet, looks like your standing in the water.

Is the horizon level? I feel that I'm sliding off to the right!

wow stunning, when i think of the tyne i always think of the area with the bridges, in the city, its real nice to see the real natural "Tyne".

I haven't been round there in a long time, Ken. I like the shot and I don't think I would change it :thumb:

regards

Glen said:
Did you get wet, looks like your standing in the water.
Oh just a little, it was also raining, if you look close at the middle/darker part of the water you can make out the spashes from the rain.
Barrymoir and Stepheno, It's not quite the Tyne but the River Derwent, just before RowlandsGill and before it meets the Tyne....That's why I titled it Fog FROM the Tyne.....Didn't want to mislead you. Sorry Guy's! :(
Thanks for the comments, I really appreciate them.
Thanks.
Ken.

A lovely winter view - Those Romans must have been cold paddling up there.

i think the composition in this shot works well ken, but as it's in critique i feel i should be a bit more picky. i normaly love your processing but... have you added a gradient to the sky as it appears to have stretched too far down and made the trees at the back a little too dark at their tops. i also think that if the orange on the left bank was toned down a little it would put more emphasis on the patch on the right, on the other hand this may unbalance it a little.

dont get me wrong, i like the shot very much, i'm just trying to nitpick a little :)

noah said:
dont get me wrong, i like the shot very much, i'm just trying to nitpick a little :)
No problem Noah and thanks.
As for the processing, most of the pics I upload are processed as a whole, with no selective stuff. Normally the most I'd do is blend two exposures together to get the right exposure for both ground and sky, although I am starting to experiment that little further with masks and burning etc.
But to answer your question, I haven't used a gradient on the sky. The dark parts of the tops of the trees are larger, darker trees behind lighter smaller trees. I think the fog also plays a part in that, as well as the grass on the far bank, though I do agree, maybe selectively de-saturating them may improve the overall look.
I may give this another go sometime and also lighten up on my shadow/highlight.
Thanks again for looking.
Ken.

Back