The Football Thread - Season 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry - thought I'd be first with the news - won't bother then...

In other news, The Gareth Bale transfer saga has now lasted longer than a DFS Sale.

Not at all. If you're privy to some inside knowledge then by all means share it if you can share your source as well, otherwise it just comes across as one of the thousands of people (primarily on twitter) who latch on to a transfer rumour and call it as complete ahead of it being announced to give the impression of being in the know when in fact they're only taking a shot in the dark.

Since two weeks ago! :eek: If he's still available on the final day, we may get him for £5m then. :LOL:

I didn't realise that Liverpool's £15m figure was of late - You've been linked with him for years so I wrongly assumed that figure was from a while back.

Thinking about it though - Levy is a shrewd fish remember. He sells for inflated prices and buys at knock down prices. Liverpool are the opposite in that they tend to get mugged so it's not a shock to see such different prices.

Not at all. If you're privy to some inside knowledge then by all means share it if you can share your source as well, otherwise it just comes across as one of the thousands of people (primarily on twitter) who latch on to a transfer rumour and call it as complete ahead of it being announced to give the impression of being in the know when in fact they're only taking a shot in the dark.

Hum, do you add sources to everything you write. Should I accuse you of guessing. Sorry not in my interest to reveal my sources ;) but it's not guessing.

Torres by the way was a just a train of thought...

Provided they all gel this could be an interesting season, thes certainly strength and depth now.
Chelsea look strong, city look poor without kompany, you'd never bet against man u but we stand a chance of seriously being up the this season.
Liverpool looked good with toured but Tuesday night they picked up some injuries. Ok Suarez to come back.
Arsenal always do well, even if they don't buy anyone.

Could be a very interesting season.

Chelsea sign eto'o

God knows what money he is on seeing as he is giving up reportedly €20 million after tax per season. :eek:

does that open a return for Torres to Liverpool?

Do thanks, :shake: he's past it, but even if he wasn't, his time at Liverpool has passed. I like to think he will look back on his move away from Liverpool as a mistake, but he has medals and loads of cash to justify his choice. ;)

I don't think any neutral observer can say he wasn't at his best when he was at Liverpool, and has been a shadow of that player since the move. That Chel$ki are willing to pay Eto'o (presumably) so much, at the age 32 shows that they don't think they can rely upon him for goals. And if they can't rely on him, why would anyone else now? :shrug:

Last edited:
To be fair to Torres - he got slagged off rotten at Chelsea but didn't he get 20+ goals last season ?

To be fair to Torres - he got slagged off rotten at Chelsea but didn't he get 20+ goals last season ?
He only got one in the league after december the majority came against lesser sides in the europa

I didn't realise that Liverpool's £15m figure was of late - You've been linked with him for years so I wrongly assumed that figure was from a while back.

Thinking about it though - Levy is a shrewd fish remember. He sells for inflated prices and buys at knock down prices. Liverpool are the opposite in that they tend to get mugged so it's not a shock to see such different prices.

As much as I hate spurs they do get top dollar. Bale is nothing more than a £35m player.

Useless Ladyboy then ;)

I was in awe of liverpool when he was at his peek.Its amazing that losing half a yard of pace and a £50 million price tag has ruined him almost

I was in awe of liverpool when he was at his peek.Its amazing that losing half a yard of pace and a £50 million price tag has ruined him almost

At his best for Liverpool, Torres thrived on balls (including long Gerrard ones) that he ran on to. That suited him down to the ground and Liverpool made the most of him.

Chelsea have more on offer than to simply feed Torres so he's a bit lost.

If we are genuinely seriously being offered Torres or there is any hope in hell of getting him I would want Liverpool to bite Chelsea's hand off. Would have him back in a heartbeat.

Would have him back in a heartbeat.

Suarez shirts were burned which is funny as you still have him.

Torres though - he was burned hung and quartered.

Why would you want him back ?

Last edited:
Suarez shirts were burned which is funny as you still have him.

Torres though - he was burned hung and quartered.

Why would you want him back ?

I agree. Even if he was the same player who left I wouldn't want him back. He spent the last year sulking and ruining team spirit.

The form Sturridge is in and with Suarez return why would they want him

The form Sturridge is in and with Suarez return why would they want him

Well, Suarez will only stay for another season and Borini and Aspas have yet to prove they have the goals we need in them yet. Because of the 4-3-3 system we play we can never have too many forwards. Saying that, I still wouldn't want him back.

I genuinely laughed out loud at that. Who on earth does he think he's fooling?

Well wev'e bn knocked back by Herrera and Di rossi according to the Guardian rumour mill

Almost as funny as Liverpool's PR team...http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/30/liverpool-twitter-munich-air-disaster

How the hell they stumble from one shambles to another is beyond me! :LOL:

The Liverpool twitter account was embarrassing enough before this incident!

It's unfair to tarnish them all with the same brush but they really don't help themselves.

They'll no doubt be the victims again come the weekend as the United numpties will surely respond with similar songs.

Last edited:
It's unfair to tarnish them all with the same brush but they really don't help themselves.

They'll no doubt be the victims again come the weekend as the United numpties will surely respond with similar songs.

Yes, but one idiot on Twitter who's been roundly condemned by all LFC fans is no excuse to start talking *******s about victimisation again. Let it ****ing go, you numpty.

Yep, and I'm calling you one for the whole 'victim' thing.

Well wev'e bn knocked back by Herrera and Di rossi according to the Guardian rumour mill

Billy No Mates
9630455754_ba0d1e5899.jpg

Billy No Mates
9630455754_ba0d1e5899.jpg
There is a recurring theme of pathetic opening bids :D he's not getting the hang of it very quickly is he

There is a recurring theme of pathetic opening bids :D he's not getting the hang of it very quickly is he

I suspect Mike Phelan was about right when he said Woodward had been making money for United for so long that spending it was a problem.

Sorry Phil.

No worries :)

When I said

"They'll no doubt be the victims again come the weekend as the United numpties will surely respond with similar songs"

I meant some United fans (the numpties I referred to) will get on their high horse about this but then give it the whole victim thing on match day.

It was a hypocrisy / irony thing.

Last edited:
I understand now. Full of snot and lurgy so my brain is a bit addled. :)

Fortunately the family are away so I can just sit on the sofa watching Dexter (pretend to work) and noodle on the guitar.

Fortunately the family are away so I can just sit on the sofa watching Dexter (pretend to work) and noodle on the guitar.

I'm on the guitar just now.

My eldest is at the cinema, Karen and baby are at a friends for tea and the middle two (with lurgy) are watching a movie in the other room.

I might watch Bayern v Chelsea whilst I strum :D

Last edited:
I'm on the guitar just now.

My eldest is at the cinema, Karen and baby are at a friends for tea and the middle two (with lurgy) are watching a movie in the other room.

I might watch Bayern v Chelsea whilst I strum :D

Not quite sure how you have pulled that off Phil! (y)

So Leeds v QPR tomorrow, memories of Roy Wegerle's goal against Leeds in 1990 - a great goal. Skip to one minute for the goal. Ray Wilkins scoring for us as well, Paul Parker and Alan McDonald in defence, Les Ferdinand up front - those were the days...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDhRFm_fmnc

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back