The Freak (Frankel)

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
Today I paid the shortest visit to a racecourse in my Life at York
the unbeaten Henry Cecil superstar Colt was racing in the Juddmonte stakes
si I drove the 35 miles to hopefully get a few pics of the equine racing machine

the roads and racecoourse were jam packed solid with not enough room to swing a 'mouse' LOL

anyway managed to get a few before he goes to a life at the stud farm

was a pleasure to see such a great Horse perform and yes he slaughtered them yet again

Frankel0019-X2.jpg

Frankel0024-XL.jpg

Frankel0027-XL.jpg

Frankel0034-X2.jpg

cheers
Chris

Wow great colours and sharp as you like. Particularly like No 1 and 3 with the olde minster as a backdrop.

Rob :)

Wow great colours and sharp as you like. Particularly like No 1 and 3 with the olde minster as a backdrop.

Rob :)

I second that, super quality images there.

Lovely images of a fantastic animal. No.4 is the pick of the bunch for me. Did you take the 1/10?? :)

Love 1 and 4. Tom Queally looking really relaxed knowing he is sitting on such a power house.

Very nice. I especially like no.4.

I wish I'd had the sun helping me as it was with you. :)

What camera and lens were you using for these?

Cheers Guys
Fozzybear if you go again go to the other side of the track where the Sun is behind you it makes the World of difference

the choice really is are you going to have a days fun at the races and take a few snapshots in the process or going to get the photographs and forget the surrounding hulabaloo
most of the latter (Photographers) were using the Sun to there advantage with about 500 Togs all at the other side of the track

it is the same at Manchester Airport none of the serious Toggers go into the great viewing area with all the facility's because of the very same reason (looking into Sun)

I knew this would be the only chance I will ever get in my lifetime a few images of this great Animal so tried to make the best of the conditions

as for my equipment all Canon Bodies and Lenses 5d3 200mm F1.8

cheers
Chris

Cheers Guys
Fozzybear if you go again go to the other side of the track where the Sun is behind you it makes the World of difference

Yes, huge mistake on my part by staying iaround the paddock all day. It was my first visit to York so I didn't know where the sun would be on the day. If I'd known, I'd have got a cheap £8 ticket for the centre course.

It'll be a big regret for years to come. I really wanted some printable photos of the great one. :crying:

Last edited:
Buttkicker

Just wondering how you get to this part of the track. Did you get a ticket for the centre of the course or is there other access?

I don't think I'll bother going into the grandstand/paddock this year. It's £31 and you don't get the benefit of any sun except for paddock shots.

Back