The French Alps

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all.
Me and Mrs G had a weekend away in the high Alps (France)
Extensive traveling from the Southeast coast to Chamonix and other places and back to the coast.
What a lovely region, the views explode my mind.
So here is some of my fav shots.
Nikon Z8 and various lens.

DSC_0113 by Graham Elliott, on Flickr

Mountain Cabin by Graham Elliott, on Flickr

Dark rocks by Graham Elliott, on Flickr

Mountain colours by Graham Elliott, on Flickr

Slate Mountains by Graham Elliott, on Flickr

Those colours by Graham Elliott, on Flickr

Mountain Church by Graham Elliott, on Flickr

Thanks for looking.

Wow fantastic shots, no.2 is my favourite.
Thanks for sharing.
Thanks, It is mine too.
I was there this time last year and the scene was so different with mist covered Mountains but the reds and orange colours were still visible, Just.
Here it is.

Mountains 6 by Graham Elliott, on Flickr

No. 1 for me:). We were there earlier this summer staying near Alpe d'Huez, Absolutely stunning views.

Hope you don't mind me saying but they all look underexposed to me (except perhaps the first one) . It could be the result of reducing them for the internet of course, but the potential is there for improving them in your software. :)

Edit: .....and perhaps the clear blue skies didn't help?

No. 1 for me:). We were there earlier this summer staying near Alpe d'Huez, Absolutely stunning views.
Thanks, yes we went to Alp d`Huez last year, very nice place and scenery but in reality I don`t like all these Ski towns, too busy in the Winter and dead as a Dodo in the Summer.

Hope you don't mind me saying but they all look underexposed to me (except perhaps the first one) . It could be the result of reducing them for the internet of course, but the potential is there for improving them in your software. :)

Edit: .....and perhaps the clear blue skies didn't help?
Thanks for your input, not at all, I post here for critic, that`s how we all learn.
In fairness I did increase the Exposure, Whites and Shadows on most shots but I also wanted to keep some areas dark like the Black slate seen in some of the photos ( I`m not PS savvy like some)
Unfortunately we was homeward bound with 500 KLM to drive so I take what I can get with regard to the Blue skies.

Clear blue skies can be the kiss of death for photographic landscapes, ironically, when in daily life we love them.......
I agree, unfortunately I am not GOD so I can`t control the weather.

Compositionally all fine, the light was hard on you as you've taken them pretty near the middle of the day on a very sunny day which has done you no favours.

Next time you go there, do head to Cirque Sixt Fer-a-Cheval. You won't be disappointed

Compositionally all fine, the light was hard on you as you've taken them pretty near the middle of the day on a very sunny day which has done you no favours.

Next time you go there, do head to Cirque Sixt Fer-a-Cheval. You won't be disappointed
Thanks Steve,
As above, re - travelling, not being God etc and if I didn't have a Dr's appointment the next morning I'd have stayed for the night for the Sunset and Sunrise.
Col de Galibier is open most of the year so maybe I will go in February for a few days although photos will look a little different but this area is soo beautiful at this time of year. I had a look at the place you wrote about and I'll keep that in mind for another time.
Haha, I just should have asked you for locations before I left.

Back