The gallery launches @ ministry of sound

Name
Ryan
Edit My Images
No
I was offered the chance to shoot the launch at minsitry for the gallery night, obviously i jumed at the chance.
sadly the booth there isnt the easyest for dj shots
CC welcome
Armin van burren
IMG_5045.jpg

IMG_5048.jpg

the event
IMG_5001.jpg

general crowd shot
IMG_5016.jpg

more pics can be seen here
http://www.thegallery-club.co.uk/gallery.aspx

All taken on canon 30D with sigma 10-20 and 430ex speedlite

hopefully for next week a 18-50 and 10mm diagonal fisheye will be here along with a 580 mk2

oh my god I just love armin van buuren!

I am SO SO SOOO JEALOUS! I want to appraoch clubs up north but have no idea how to go about it. Will need to get some practise in soon.

Armin is such a legend

freefall Ive done alot of clubwork. feel free to pm me if you want some advice.

The booth at Ministry really is an arse to shoot from being so high you loose the crowd and also makes front shots very difficult.

On the dj shot I think anyone will realise that the booth is high. well, most clubbers will anyway.

I bet you cant even get any front shots from being in the crowd unless you have a step ladder!

On the dj shot I think anyone will realise that the booth is high. well, most clubbers will anyway.

I bet you cant even get any front shots from being in the crowd unless you have a step ladder!

im 6ft 6 lol!

but what i did for PVD was shoot blind, camera in air and use the IR beam of the 430 to hopefully get the shot.
its not easy but heres one from friday
IMG_5689.jpg

It looks like he has just come off the keyboard to mess about with the mixer. I think it works cos pvd is very technical with the muscial side of his sets nowadays so I think it does work on that shot.

Like I would expect it to work well for turntablists

Back