The GAS confessional - all who suffer are welcome. :)

I've just bought a Kase Magnetic filter set. The Hoya Circular Polariser I have has been using has been looking a bit worse for wear, so I needed to replace that.

Whilst I was away recently, I wanted to use a Polariser and ND filter at the same time, and doing that with two screw in filters was a pita. Trying to autofocus once the ND was on was very difficult. With one of my lenses I can't just focus and turn the AF or the camera off and it stays focused, because it is focus by wire, and loses focus with no power. This should get around that problem easier in the future.

Looking at where they were based, to give an idea as to whether they would be delivered in the next couple of days, I was surprised to find that their UK office is in Liverpool city centre. :) They seem to have used Royal Mail to send it, but they could have saved themselves a few £'s and delivered it themselves, as I am only a couple of miles away. ;):)

I know I could get a square filter system, but too much faff for me. ;)

Thought I'd seen the last of this thread...

Been looking through my photos and noticed most are shot at 18mm, I sometimes wish I had a lens just a couple of mm wider and I've always liked the idea of shooting with prime lenses, so I've treated myself to a Fuji 16mm f2.8, I'll call it a late Christmas present, to myself.

Some recent bird photography has had me struggling with the focus limitations of my 6D which I love in every other respect. But now looking at a 5D4.

Think I have succumed was looking at Park Camera's web site used equipment. There it was a Canon 5Dii described as like new with shutter count of 1270 I was forced to buy it also ordered a 16-35mm f4 l lens. Now got to explain it to SWMBO.
Plus side I can just stick the nifty fifty on for Gavs 50mm challange.

Last edited:
Think I have succumed was looking at Park Camera's web site used equipment. There it was a Canon 5Dii described as like new with shutter count of 1270 I was forced to buy it also ordered a 16-35mm f4 l lens.

I succumbed too.... A like new Nikon D90 with a shutter count of 802 managed to break my resistance when I was trying to talk myself out of needing a lighter camera than my full frame Nikons...... I recently sold one of my D200s so hopefully SWMBO won't notice the my new acquisition.... ;););)

I succumbed too recently decided my 70-200 EF lens needed replacing, I'd had it 10 years though I reckon, upgraded it with an RF version, used it on a Friday night shoot.

finding I'm drawn to the Canon R1 launch spec rumours and dates.... even better AF tracking... maybe global shutter.....

finding I'm drawn to the Canon R1 launch spec rumours and dates.... even better AF tracking... maybe global shutter.....
Is there an actual date yet? I predict an annouoncement a few days later saying that it is delayed!:exit:

Does this count?
Just had a friend go to check this out for me and purchase it in Lincoln
1706827656675.png

Box, batteries and charger, un opened strap, nearly $5000 at launch in 2009, now under £400, and I can use it with all my lenses EF :).
A real "always wanted one but couldn't afford/justify it" when current, will now spend ages going through all the menus and buttons - photographer geek heaven

1706827814882.png

My friend also bought this - which I would have bought given the chance but he got it first.
In fact I think here are the two pinnacles of Canon SLR pro shooters from the film and digital eras

David

Nikon Z 180-600 lens for £1779 from Grays, Just had to get it to replace the Sigma 150-600

Back