The General Car Thread

Ricardodaforce

Self requested ban
Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread for all things car related. Seems like there are a few enthusiasts on the forum.

To kick off I'll start with the latest offering from David Brown Automotive. For those that don't know them, it's the company that launched the beautiful Speedback GT. It's not hard to see where the inspiration came from...

DBA-ParkRoyal-GroupShot-2-1500x1000.jpg

Their latest offering is a new version of a British automotive icon, and it's lovely. It's the Mini Remastered.

blue-mini-remastered.jpg

interior-green-pink.jpg

Onto other news.
Did anyone last week see that Tesla's market value overtook Ford's?

Thought David brown was the DB part of Aston Martin I.e James bonds Aston Martin DB4 ??

The speedback is nice but give me a lyonheart k anyday of the week.....lush!

Lyonheart-K-1.jpg

I think the pair of you need to pop along to specsavers with Auto express. The latter reckon it's styled on the Jaguar XJR.

Not sure what they've been smoking - the XJ-R is a 4 door saloon with a warmed up engine.

It's an XKR with fancy clothes :p

More likely - the XK-R is a 2 door GT.

Yes it's called Aston Martin

While the X100 and DB7 were based on the old XJ-S chassis, the later X150 was all new.

Onto other news.
Did anyone last week see that Tesla's market value overtook Ford's?
Yes I saw that, I also saw that Tesla made a $674M loss in 2016. Stock prices can go down as well as up.

Wasn't Tesla's loss (on paper) mostly due to their massive investments in new factories to produce the 3?

Wasn't Tesla's loss (on paper) mostly due to their massive investments in new factories to produce the 3?
Possibly, but then they haven't made a profit in over 3yrs, not as bad a Vauxhall/Opel who haven't made a profit since 2009 I believe. Tesla seem to be struggling with their production though. They fell short of a recent quarterly target by almost 3,000 vehicles and around half of what they did manage to build were built in the last 4 weeks of the quarter.

I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread for all things car related. Seems like there are a few enthusiasts on the forum.

To kick off I'll start with the latest offering from David Brown Automotive. For those that don't know them, it's the company that launched the beautiful Speedback GT. It's not hard to see where the inspiration came from...

View attachment 99678

The rear is OK, but the front, especially on the red with those alloys? :eek:

The Mini remastered looks OK for an old mini, but it's still an old mini.

The new TVR has recently been revealed to deposit holders, with a strict non disclosure agreement, however none have withdrawn their deposit, which indicates brilliant things to come.
Full press release is expected in September, possibly Goodwood revival.

I love Alfa's. I looks like they've finally made another worthy of the badge with the giulia.

I have owned four Alfas, and have the last in my garage, where I hope that I can renovate it to a good standard. It is a 1997 GTV Coupe 2.0 litre (the 6 cyclinder ones are too much trouble). They are a driver's car, because you have to rev them and love them, and ignore their petty faults.

Reactions: BBR
I’ve just read that BMW are going to start charging a subscription to use Apple CarPlay. That’s outrageous!

So did Ferruccio Lamborghini until Enzo Smith p155ed him off!

So Rolls Royce have unveiled their SUV. One of the ugliest cars I have ever seen.

Back