The Golden Cap from Seatown Dorset.

Edit My Images
Yes
Taken yesterday with my Samsung Galaxy S6 whilst out fossil hunting with the family. An HDR filter added using Snapseed App and slight straightening.

In hindsight I should have taken the same shot with my EOS M & 22mm F2 but it was inconveniently packed away at this point and the kids were playing up.

20151022_123633-01_1.jpg

Last edited:
Nice image. I like the sky. I think the POV would be improved it you moved a little to the left to include less sea and more rocks and cliff. Looks like it could do with some contrast too.

Nice image. I like the sky. I think the POV would be improved it you moved a little to the left to include less sea and more rocks and cliff. Looks like it could do with some contrast too.
:plus1:

Thanks Raptor. This was very much a 'grab and go' shot as we were heading off for lunch but I think your correct with your critique. Although not done deliberately I quite like the way the bottom of the boat follows the shore line. I am kicking myself that I didn't use my camera though as I would have got a much sharper image to play with from the 22mm F2. :banghead:

Last edited:
Thanks Raptor. This was very much a 'grab and go' shot as we were heading off for lunch but I think your correct with your critique. Although not done deliberately I quite like the way the bottom of the boat follows the shore line. I am kicking myself that I didn't use my camera though as I would have got a much sharper image to play with from the 22m F2. :banghead:
I think it's really good. If you hadn't said it was done with a phone I never have guessed.

Added 45 contrast and subtracted 11 saturation to make the cliff look less flat.
Hope it was okay. Also I'm only in Axminster if you fancy going on a shot at some point.

bully74uk's image
by Michael Parker, on Flickr
Of course its ok. The changes do improve the image. Thanks for quoting the adjustment quantities to as it means I can have a go myself.
Unfortunately I'm not local to the area and we only visited for the day. Its a beautiful part of the country and you must be spoilt for places to shoot.

Last edited:
Back