The Good 'Ol Days?

Ian D J

Michael Fish
Name
Ian D J
Edit My Images
Yes
Tried to create the effect of opening an old photo album that belonged to a long-since dead relative and coming across a picture taken in the 1960s.

minis.jpg

The original photo itself was taken only a few days ago. I was riding along this street in my home town on my bike when I spotted the two minis parked in front of this old Victorian house. That caused me to think "Ooo, I could do something with that one" . . .

. . . and I guess I got a little too carried away. Whaddya think? :naughty: :D The whole thing has been created using a mixture of Lightshop and Paint Shop Pro 9.

To give it a bit of authenticity, you should put genuine old black n white numberplates onto the cars. Give it a touch of sepia perhaps?

To give it a bit of authenticity, you should put genuine old black n white numberplates onto the cars. Give it a touch of sepia perhaps?

That's a good point about the numberplates! That would make all the difference if those two cars had old-style numberplates on them, but nope, I got lazy by blurring out the existing plates. :LOL: :D Have noted that down for next time.

Id say its worked very well (y) ye olde plates would be a bonus but still a top job

He he, Nice Mini's!! Best small car EVER! I'm on my 11th!!

Excellent 'shootin' (as usual) Ian (y)

Beyond the oppertunity basis of the shot, I do think you've got good mileage with the effect inc. the sticky tape an'all. However, in my opinion IF the mini on the left was the only one on the shot then it would appear more authetic, as the bellnose on the right looks a bit too modern what with the big arch-spats & rims. Still, beggars can't be choosers.

Good stuff!

Yep , the BRITISH MINI

And now owned by the Germans :|

shame there not mk1 minis, that would of given it a real deep authentic feel

still i really like it, anything with minis in is great

Tried to create the effect of opening an old photo album that belonged to a long-since dead relative and coming across a picture taken in the 1960s.

minis.jpg

The original photo itself was taken only a few days ago. I was riding along this street in my home town on my bike when I spotted the two minis parked in front of this old Victorian house. That caused me to think "Ooo, I could do something with that one" . . .

. . . and I guess I got a little too carried away. Whaddya think? :naughty: :D The whole thing has been created using a mixture of Lightshop and Paint Shop Pro 9.

Would look more realistic without the number plate blurring.

you also need to remove the black satellite cables running down the building on the right hand side to be authentic.

Nice though..

Back