The Grand Tour (Clarkson, May & Hammond)

Ricardodaforce

Self requested ban
Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
So, their new show is premiered this week on Amazon. Will any of you be watching?

Definitely! Even though the old Topgear was pretty much a scripted soup opera, it was still miles ahead of what the BBC turned it into with Evans.

I did however quite like Harris and LeBlanc and thought Harris would have been much better as the main presenter..

Can't wait to see what Amazon does with these 3 and if it's still a lasting formula!

I'll watch it. I saw a couple of short clips on the One Show last night.Unsurprisingly it looks exactly the same as Top Gear, although Hammond did say they'd changed the format a bit.

Will be watching it, I already have Prime so can watch it on Friday evening,

I plan to get Prime because I really want to see it - Really looking forward to it as the chemistry between the 3 is as good as it gets!

The trial is usually 1 month.

I'm tempted, although I've not really watched a lot of TG in the past and not seen the 'new' one at all.

So, their new show is premiered this week on Amazon. Will any of you be watching?

Yes - but probably more to see what it's like rather than previously with TG when it's a watch cos new season starting.

Hoping it's okay and they've gone back a few years in how they presented / acted things out as I've found the last few years of TG predictable and too false on occasions.

I remember some years ago when they had a competition/ race with German TG and it was very good and Hamster was brilliant in rubbing it in (in good humour) that the other driver lost.

Here's hoping

I ordered a load of bits from Amazon last week which I wanted in a hurry and noticed Prime delivery would be 1 day and free, I also realised that Grand Tour was starting the following week so I started the free-trial.

After speaking to the wife about it we agreed that the amount of stuff we order from Amazon it might be worth paying the £80 annual subscription plus getting the benefits of films & music too.

Then the GT offer of a year's subscription for £59.99 came along so it was a no brainer really.

I'm really looking forward to this, just hope I'm not disappointed

So you do a trial, cancel, then start another one? Would have thought it would be a one time use?
Yes me too. Surely they limit the amount of free trials you can sign up to ? Seems mad if they don't, there's no point in buying a subscription if everyone can just keep cancelling and re-signing for a free trial every month. :confused:

Notice clackson is in the new again over a flight from germany. Great publicity.

I have prime. For me its outstanding value. Prime delivery, video and music.

Last edited:
They flew in to Ivalo near me a couple of weeks ago, filming for one of the episodes. There wasn't as much snow about, so Lapland was looking pretty sparse.
Still, I will give it a watch to see what the crack is

I've been plagued by them on YouTube for a week or so "videos you may like" grand tour this and grand tour that...

My teenage son has been looking forward to this all year. As it is being premiered on his birthday he is counting it as his best present! Hope it lives up to year long build up.

I think a lot of people will go with the one month trial for the sole purpose of seeing if it's any good. And if it's crappy they'll ditch it..

Yes me too. Surely they limit the amount of free trials you can sign up to ? Seems mad if they don't, there's no point in buying a subscription if everyone can just keep cancelling and re-signing for a free trial every month. :confused:
You can sign up for a month trial and cancel almost immediately so you don't forget - the trial carries on- after some time they offer the free trial again.
I've done this a few times but currently my problem is that they will only let me have a 6 month trial and then 4 years at £39 because my email address end in ac.uk so they are convinced I am a student.

GT was brilliant, particularly the start. I'm looking forward to the episode filmed in Whitby. Top Gear is dead, long live Grand Tour !

Reactions: BBR
Nope, I already pay enough to watch TV through Sky, TV Licence and Netflix subscriptions so I will never watch it unless it's released on Dave in 10 years time.

ive just watched it when i come home from work...just like a comfy pair of slippers....the king is dead...long live the king,

Reactions: BBR
Took up the free month for him indoors.
Now cancelled.

Back