Review The Great JPEG Shootout (The Camera Store)

If you haven't got 20 minutes, after asking various people to judge eight prints of portrait, landscape, still life and collating the data

Top 3 Portrait - Nikon, Canon, Pentax (iphone good with colour struggled with IQ/ISO)
Top 3 Landscape - iPhone, Panasonic, Olympus
Top 3 Still Life - Sony, Nikon, Canon

Overall of all data for the set of photos.
#1 - Nikon D500
#2 - Canon 80D
#3 - Panasonic G85
#4 - Fuji XT-2
#5 - Olympus Pen F
#6 - Sony A6300
#7/#8 Tie - iPhone / Pentax K70

Surely different lenses render colours differently?
I know it's impossible, but wouldn't the only true comparison be the same lens used with every body?

Surely different lenses render colours differently?
I know it's impossible, but wouldn't the only true comparison be the same lens used with every body?

You mustn't have heard, Fuji JPEGS are amazing, full stop. Up there with mythical unicorns and pots of gold at the end of the rainbow!

@9:40

"If you're the average consumer and you just went out and bought a camera, you're going to leave this thing in auto white balance, auto exposure and shoot family and landscapes."

Some £1500 body only average consumer cameras to be left in auto here :D

You mustn't have heard, Fuji JPEGS are amazing, full stop. Up there with mythical unicorns and pots of gold at the end of the rainbow!

Fuji did surprisingly poorly !

It's so subjective. Especially as white balance played a large role and apart from the studio test, was left on auto.
If the Canon was left on auto white balance in the studio it would have had a fit.

I love these guys videos though.

Back