The Holga is ready for battle.

Edit My Images
Yes
My Holga is ready for battle loaded with a roll of HP5 400 I'm quite exited to see the results. Lets see who wins me or the camera ? Whats your money on ?

back.jpg

Last edited:
My Holga is ready for battle loaded with a roll of HP5 400 I'm quite exited to see the results. Lets see who wins me or the camera ? Whats your money on ?

View attachment 285150

Are you shooting it with the 645 mask? That's what you have the framecounter window set to in the picture.

I only ask because that was how I had mine set the first time I shot it. The only problem being that I thought I was shooting 12 frames of 6x6, didn't have the plastic mask fitted in the camera, and as a result got a load of overlapping frames because I'd been looking at the wrong numbers through the back of the camera. :)

I thought I was shooting in 6x6 Nige as the red window next to 12 shots is showing under the tape are you saying I have to have the slider over the 12 and then read the frame counter from where it says 16 ? ( hope that makes sense)

Backing paper looks like this...

120 Backing Paper End.jpg

To shoot 6x6, use the red window that lines up with the middle of the roll.

O.k so I've just spent a few minutes locked in the cupboard with my Mrs holding it shut ! ( Some people would pay good money for that !) I thought there was no mask in the Holga but had been turned a bit paranoid so had to check , This involved getting the film out only to find as I thought no mask ! The worst thing was it was o.k in the first place as number one at 6X6 came after number one at 6x4.5. Those nambie pambie digital types don't have to be locked in a dark cupboard as part of their photography , unless they enjoy that sort of thing of course !
1-0 to Holga

I been out this morning nice and early 5.30am with the Holga around Dudley town, I'm really enjoying using it even though haven't even got a actual photo from the camera. One shot at each subject frame it up and press the button. It was a bit dark and damp this morning so I've used the larger aperture ( there really is two apertures on this one ) and I've taken shots at different distances of varying subjects to see how that works. I've taken nine shots where I would have taken 30 or 40 with a digital camera ( sorry to mention the D word ! ) Lets hope I get something !

I been out this morning nice and early 5.30am with the Holga around Dudley town, I'm really enjoying using it even though haven't even got a actual photo from the camera. One shot at each subject frame it up and press the button. It was a bit dark and damp this morning so I've used the larger aperture ( there really is two apertures on this one ) and I've taken shots at different distances of varying subjects to see how that works. I've taken nine shots where I would have taken 30 or 40 with a digital camera ( sorry to mention the D word ! ) Lets hope I get something !

Blimey you're keen, for me am waiting for the right conditions i.e. sunny weather and visiblity VG...to use up a roll of film. Mentioning the D word I suppose I wouldn't care as all the failures you just delete from the memory card.

Out again in the Dudley/Stourbridge areas 1 roll of HP5+ 400 and one of Delta 400 , I've had a look around and think I'll be sending them to Ilfords own Lab, some of the others don't seem to have a process and scan only option or seem to have added extras that add up do B&W. When I get some negs back I'll have a go at scanning with a digital camera.

Back