The isolated waxwing shot's at long last!

Name
Mick
Edit My Images
Yes
When I got the 7 waxwing shot I was happy to get them all in a row like that, but for weeks now and many hours in the cold I have been after an isolated shot with a clean backdrop?

So perseverance eventually paid off when I got that as well today :)

It just a shame the light wasn't brilliant all the time, but I happy to get the sort of shots I wanted at long last ! Still got a few go through so hoping there may be another few ok ones in there, but I got square eyes from editing so enough for one day :)

Waxwing by Mick Erwin, on Flickr

Waxwing, Staffordshire by Mick Erwin, on Flickr

Waxwing, Staffordshire by Mick Erwin, on Flickr

Last edited:
Great set Mick. I've shared your frustrations with these on many occasions. Excellent shots.

Some real stunner! They've been a nice number of waxwing in december but none made it to my garden and i'm yet to witness one of these!

first one for me but all great, light not that good they look ok to me and well done on your patience

Awesome on the patience Mick and that last orange shot has to be up there of the fav waxwings shots I've seen belter mate. Still to see one although there is the odd report of them around here
Stu

Got to ask mate what is the BKG is it brickwork by chance? Well done mike my pref is still the one above,I dunno why it really grabs me...seems so detailed and almost intimate,like I'm right there with him;)

Stu

Got to ask mate what is the BKG is it brickwork by chance? Well done mike my pref is still the one above,I dunno why it really grabs me...seems so detailed and almost intimate,like I'm right there with him;)

Stu

Yes it a building they are in the middle of a town centre so when they land on one side of the tree that is the background lol

I still want that blue sky shot but not going to get it this week by looks of weather forecast :-(

Back