The Isolation Thread

Marc

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
Just for a bit of fun, if you are self isolating, what have you been doing with your time? Anything interesting? A new hobby?

I'm still working from home but the missus is using the time to catch up on jobs around the house now that she has the time. This morning, she decided to sort out the loft, somewhere neither of us hads been in almost 20 years!

She found a small box with some odds & sods, including these. Think I'll save them for the Antiques Roadshow! :D

IMG_9190.JPG IMG_9421.JPG

Not really self isolating, just conforming to the current lockdown advise/regulations but am gradually working my way through the U-Gears wooden model catalogue. First couple were actually commercialmas presents but there are a few more on shelves around the house now. Currently about 1/2 way through the Dream Cabriolet - 05 and just about to start putting the doors together. About 5 hours in so far and a few more to go. Just ordered a couple more that will (hopefully) arrive before real boredom sets in!
Much time has also been spent washing all Mrs Nod's Yoga props from her studio. Stuffing bolsters back into their tightly fitting covers was a challenge but I managed to beat them into submission. Luckily the studio mats are machine washable but they take a few days to dry, even in the current fine weather.

However everyone else is passing the time, keep well and safe!

Not isolating.
Waiting to see if anyone's boiler packs in and they need a new one...
Spending too much time on here :)
Resisting the urge so far to go and do some DIY.

2 rolls? That's just plain greedy!!! Rich b'sturd.

Not isolating, but observing the lockdown and getting more and more depressed. Can't go to the gym, ordered some stuff a week ago to exercise at home but that hasn't arrived yet.
Can't go for a drive in the car.
My psoriasis has really flared up over the last few days and I desperately need to get out in the sun as it is the only thing that seems to clear it up, but living in a flat, I can't even get out in the current warm sunshine and give it a blast of UV.
Struggling to find the inspiration or inclination to do anything really. At least when I was at work at the start of the week, I could drive to work, get there early for the late shift, park up in an empty car park and clean the car.

Keeping busy by filling the day with:

House and garden chores.

E-learning through work.

Listening to music and my audiobook.

Keeping in contact with my team.

Chatting to friends in Spain.

Language learning with Duolingo.

Afternoon walk.

Siesta.

Some Apple TV+ or Disney+ in the evening.

Started cleaning out the tool shed (that's a job and a half) and discovered this cardboard box with solar garden lights in it. Someone seems to have found the box rather tasty but hadn't eaten the lights...

Cardboard box eaten by something TZ70 P1030580.JPG

Karchered the rear garden, it's all paved 15m X 8m last week and the front drive this morning, double car width. All look really nice and clean, parts of me that haven't ached for a while are aching now though. :)
Waiting for a part for my air pistol and delivery of hair trimmer, going for the buzzed and ready for business look. What do you reckon 2,3 or 4mm all over?

Last edited:
Pretty much same as usual apart from days out and trips over to the near continent.
Life doesn't stop, bit of housework, eat, drink, shopping, have a stroll, read the paper, listen to some music, do a crossword, watch the tv.
All the things I wanted from early retirement and enjoy every minute of it
Apart from organising a day out and having a quick browse think I'll mostly give posting here a miss too.
This business is bringing the worst out in people, me included and it's no longer much fun without the photos

Karchered the rear garden, it's all paved 15m X 8m last week and the front drive this morning, double car width. All look really nice and clean, parts of me that haven't ached for a while are aching now though. :)
Waiting for a part for my air pistol and delivery of hair trimmer, going for the buzzed and ready for business look. What do you reckon 2,3 or 4mm all over?
0.5mm all over

I'm doing what any self respecting xbox owner should be doing, I'm playing through the whole Gears of War catalogue. If its still lockdown after that then I'll move onto Halo (y)

I'm doing what any self respecting xbox owner should be doing, I'm playing through the whole Gears of War catalogue. If its still lockdown after that then I'll move onto Halo (y)
I've got an xbox that my grandson uses when he's round.
I might need to get back into it.
Used to Love call of duty....

My son started showing symptoms Friday, full blown Sunday and I had it by Tuesday.

I'm ok with the headache, sore throat, bunged up nose and general fatigue ... It's the coughing I can't stand, hard to watch anything on the laptop when your constantly choking. The thing the really worries me is if/when the wife gets it, I'm not quite as patient with sick people as she is with me. :D

The real choker is that I am on holiday from work this week so I don't even get the full 2 weeks pay.

Last edited:
My son started showing symptoms Friday, full blown Sunday and I had it by Tuesday.

I'm ok with the headache, sore throat, bunged up nose and general fatigue ... It's the coughing I can't stand, hard to watch anything on the laptop when your constantly choking. The thing the really worries me is if/when the wife gets it, I'm not quite as patient with sick people as she is with me. :D

The real choker is that I am on holiday from work this week so I don't even get the full 2 weeks pay.
Not good. Hope you're better soon.

Hope you come through it soon.

I hope he recovers fully and quickly (y)

I'm ok with the headache, sore throat, bunged up nose and general fatigue
That sounds like me on a good ( any) Day ;)

I'm doing what any self respecting xbox owner should be doing
Never had an xBox I did play Play station with my son when he was little it may even still be in the loft ...

delivery of hair trimmer, going for the buzzed and ready for business look. What do you reckon 2,3 or 4mm all over?
I was wondering about that too, I usually get a #2 down the local barbers, Its not easy doing your own, I'm thinking I'll either come out of this with a pony tail or get p***ed off and shave it all off ... decisions decisions ...

I was wondering about that too, I usually get a #2 down the local barbers, Its not easy doing your own, I'm thinking I'll either come out of this with a pony tail or get p***ed off and shave it all off ... decisions decisions ...
Shave it!
I shaved mines over a year ago....although sometimes I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and think.. f***! Who the hell is that old git....:LOL:

Shave it!
I shaved mines over a year ago....although sometimes I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and think.. f***! Who the hell is that old git....:LOL:
:LOL: I've not got a huge amount but I had planned to keep it.
Pony tail it is then (y)
Anyone know where I can get a few piercings and tattoo's?
:D

Cheers but did you not see the bit where I said he gave it to me .....
I wasn't totally sure if that's what you were saying TBH Mike ...
But of course you have my sympathy Get well soon (y)

delivery of hair trimmer, going for the buzzed and ready for business look. What do you reckon 2,3 or 4mm all over?

#1. it'll take a day or 2 to get to a #2 then another day or 2 to #3. OR, if you want to waste a bit of time, start with a #4 and work down to where you want to be!

Take the guard off and buzz the lot. Even regular 0 is too long for me I go for 000000 (1/128"/0.35mm) which is like 1 day stubble.

Take the guard off and buzz the lot. Even regular 0 is too long for me I go for 000000 (1/128"/0.35mm) which is like 1 day stubble.
I find with the guard off it doesn't glide smoothly and wa ta to gouge my head....:)
Might be my head though....

I find with the guard off it doesn't glide smoothly and wa ta to gouge my head....:)
Might be my head though....
What brand of clippers? I had that with my first Remington set. Been Wahl Afro Balding Clippers since then (worn the motor out in one set out in a mere 15 years of twice per week). 3 or 4 blade changes.

What brand of clippers? I had that with my first Remington set. Been Wahl Afro Balding Clippers since then (worn the motor out in one set out in a mere 15 years of twice per week). 3 or 4 blade changes.
Both Remington and babyliss do it.
Might need to try a set of wahl.

It's called Super Taper, but I think that's because they cme with a tapered guard for round the ears as well as the normal guards.

They also came with a bottle of blade oil that will last me 1000 years or more.

Wahl here too. 25+ years on 2 sets of blades. Mrs Nod used to be a hairdresser and always used Wahl there. She got a local hairdressing supplies place to replace the blades while I was ill a few years back. 10 minutes with a sheet of flat glass and a sheet of 1200 grit wet&dry means that she now has a spare set of blades when needed in another 20 years or so!

Careful where you buy Wahl clippers from though, some unscrupulous UK-based ratbags will happily sell you a 110v set.

Back