The Italian Job @ Mini World Action Day 2009

Joe T

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello everyone

I wanted to share the adventures of my day yesterday with you all, if that's OK!

Firstly a bit of background. My Dad's mate Geoff has built himself a replica of the Land Rover used in the original Italian Job film. They drove it to Italy last year as part of The Italian Job rally which happens every year (more details: http://www.italianjob.com/). They are going this year, only this time Geoff will be driving a Mini Cooper and Dad will be driving the Land Rover. They have another two drivers as well. The rally is great fun, and raises lots of money for charity.

Saturday 26 September was the Mini World day at Castle Coombe in Wiltshire. A small contingent of 'jobbers' turned up to help spread to word about the rally and to raise some sponsorship money.

I was lucky enough to take run down to the circuit in the Land Rover – it's awesome! :D

This is what it looked like at 6:30am before we set off:

DSC_8814.jpg

En route:

DSC_8832.jpg

DSC_8839.jpg

Meeting up with Geoff at Chievely services on the M4:

DSC_8847.jpg

Sharing the love with other Mini's on the M4!

DSC_8866.jpg

We arrive and park up:

DSC_8874.jpg

Up goes the flag:
DSC_8877.jpg

Land Rover looking mean in the background behind these two Minis:

DSC_8887.jpg

Time to take a walk around and check out the hot Minis. This one had a gorgeous paint job, and matched her owner really well!

DSC_8890.jpg

I thought this paintjob worked quite well too:

DSC_8892.jpg

(y)

Love the period "sat nav" in the Landie :LOL: Technically it should have been a four door with the rear windows painted out though ;)

DSC_8839.jpg

I bet you had some fun on that trip.

As for the landrover. We had a 1988 version at work (no tax mot etc) which we used to spread grit around the site during the cold winter months. No power steering !!

I must be getting soft as I get older:(

You forgot to mention it's Green too... :eek: ...the Landy that is... :LOL:

Great story Joe and some excellent images of your experience too... (y) ...looks like a real fun day out... ;)

One thing worries me though... :shrug: ... why the hell aren't you going on the IJ trip... :cautious:

:p

Back