The Keighley & Worth Valley Railway Steam Gala.

Edit My Images
No
Time for a change from all the aircraft stuff, the K&WVR held it's summer steam gala at the weekend and yours truly went along.

There was a good selection of locos for the day, any colour you like etc. etc.
12530a.jpg

12660a.jpg

1320a.jpg

13530a.jpg

13150a.jpg

14000a.jpg

Apart from the fourth one which was taken with a 70-200mm f/2.8L, all the rest were shot with a Canon 40D + 28-70mm f/2.8L and a Medium NDgrad.

There's a few more on my website if you're so inclined.

A superb set with some lovely engines :)

4 is just so good. It is a fantastic photo. I love everything about it. One of the best steam engine shots i have seen on here. Superb :clap::clap::clap:

In 3 it may be an idea to get rid of the modern garbage? Just a thought.

Matt Sayle said:
In 3 it may be an idea to get rid of the modern garbage?
You're not referring to that period telegraph pole that's probably older than your parents are you? :nono:

Last edited:
:LOL: Yes. I just reckon that it would look so much better with out!! But if it is that old (my dad is 60 odd :LOL:) then I guess it is meant to be there!

A superb set with some lovely engines :)

4 is just so good. It is a fantastic photo. I love everything about it. One of the best steam engine shots i have seen on here. Superb :clap::clap::clap:

In 3 it may be an idea to get rid of the modern garbage? Just a thought.

It could have been a lot worse,there could have been a pylon in the pic.Not mad about steam engines ,but,nice set a photos.You must have done a lot of racing around to be in the right place at the right time.:clap:

No 2 floats my boat, black and white and it's almost back to the 30's , Sorry I missed the gala now:crying:

I Agree with Matt No 4 is lovely, I do however disagree with the young man 60 is not old, not when your this close to it!!
Really nice set, great

Back