The Kelpies - sunset to dusk

Nice set, Steve!!
I must be the only Scottish guy that hasn't seen these beauties :rolleyes:
I did see the miniature ones when they visited a horse sanctuary in Aberdeenshire

Just hop on down....easy run from Aberdeen also - DCW and Motorway all the way. Best attraction in the area. You'll never take bad pictures here, and the night time lighting is fun. I'm processing a set of 40 just now - where the illuminations did the full colour spectrum.

Nothing else like this ANYwhere in the world. Do it in the darker months-they catch the light better...

Like this...

_DSC4670 - Version 2 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

But I really wish I had the 645z then...the resolution, dynamic range, lens performance are all in a class of one.

Last edited:
Just hop on down....easy run from Aberdeen also - DCW and Motorway all the way. Best attraction in the area. You'll never take bad pictures here, and the night time lighting is fun. I'm processing a set of 40 just now - where the illuminations did the full colour spectrum.

Nothing else like this ANYwhere in the world. Do it in the darker months-they catch the light better...

Like this...

_DSC4670 - Version 2 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

But I really wish I had the 645z then...the resolution, dynamic range, lens performance are all in a class of one.
Great to see you haven't included those nasty pylons in your compositions ;)
I'm seeing this image as sharper than your 645 images :thinking:

Great to see you haven't included those nasty pylons in your compositions ;)
I'm seeing this image as sharper than your 645 images :thinking:

It's just scaling...trust me - both are very sharp but there's just more fine detail in the 645z. It would print comfortably bigger being 6000px on the short side as opposed to under 4800px on the short side. There's less magnification because the superior sensor is actually larger.

I've been very conservative with the sharpening though with the 645z files. They can take a lot more but it can pull the eye a little

Last edited:
You've done these before, But you just don't get fed up of seeing them, The colours against the darker sky in the last three images are superb. Love them.

You've done these before, But you just don't get fed up of seeing them, The colours against the darker sky in the last three images are superb. Love them.

I don't live far - and I never tire of it. They suit all weathers - and on a windy day you can make fun long exposures here. Probably my most frequented tripod hole

Back