The Kelpies

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
I was up in Scotland to see the inlaws and took the family to Helix park to see the Kelpies, I wasn't expecting much but was impressed when we got there, the size of these sculptures beats anything you guess from the pictures. A couple of handheld shots trying to keep the crowds out of view.

General view of Kelpies by Matt, on Flickr

Kelpies in the Storm by Matt, on Flickr

Kelpie's Head by Matt, on Flickr

A good set but I do like the 2nd one, the dark stormy skies sets them off well.

Definitely the second one due to the light on the sculptures against the brooding dark sky. (y)

Thanks for all the comments, do have to agree that I like the second the best.
If you're ever passing that way worth stopping off for a look [emoji3]

The second one for me also, but with a bit of separation between the heads?

Number 2 is a definite standout but I do like number 3 a lot, great work keep it up!

The second is very good but I think the third is better. Zooming in on only a part rather than the whole can be more powerful particularly when as here you frame it with other elements such as an interesting cloud effect.

I like No2 very much (y)

That would be moving to the right... But you're correct in saying that that improves the shot.

I'm not worried about the people in the first one, they add a sense of scale to the sculptures which is usually missing.

Thanks for the comments and apologies for not acknowledging the posts - seem to have notifications turned off and assumed my thread had sunk.

I took the first one as a scene-setter as you just don't grasp the scale of them until you see them. I'm embarrassed to say before this visit I thought the smaller versions at the Falkirk Wheel were the Kelpies until my (Scottish) wife beat me over the head and took me to the real ones :facepalm:

Appreciate the suggestions on the separation as well - gives me an excuse to go back - as does the look of it after dark.

No.2 for me. Though again I would have moved slightly left so there was a gap between the kelpies. Just helps with the eye moving around the image. Love the contrast though. keep up the good work.

My favorite is #2 as the dark sky really adds some drama and emotion to the shot as well as providing nice separation from the subject

Somewhere between the 2 would be perfect lol!

Really nice shots though and they just glow in that light! Only comment about the third which is a nice angle would be to give the ear some breathing space by a few pixels at the top of the frame.

Third one is my favorite. Really like the details that you've captured in the head.

These are cool indeed.

Nowt wrong with number 2 I would go as far as to say I prefered them closer together as in yours there is to much separation in the others for me.

Gaz

Back