The Kelpies

Name
Gary Cantwell
Edit My Images
No
The Kelpies all lit up last night
The last image is a composite, I took two photos of the same composition and settings, one when they were red and one when they were yellow. Then blended them in PP to bring out the different colour of the Kelpies

Great photos, I would love to photograph them one day.

Very nice shots, great colours and comp.

The last image is a composite, I took two photos of the same composition and settings, one when they were red and one when they were yellow. Then blended them in PP to bring out the different colour of the Kelpies

great idea.. havent seen that done before although probably has... If only the rest where as straight as the green ones though ..

They are incredible things to see, sometimes, you can get nice reflections too, although that is a difficult composition.

Taking them at night is a good option, the pylons spoil it in the daytime.

Very well done, lovely images. (y)

PS EDIT :- have you tried lens corrections on the last 3? The first one is spot on but the others appear to have some kind of lean or distortion, over to the left.

Last edited:
They are incredible things to see, sometimes, you can get nice reflections too, although that is a difficult composition.

Taking them at night is a good option, the pylons spoil it in the daytime.

Very well done, lovely images. (y)

PS EDIT :- have you tried lens corrections on the last 3? The first one is spot on but the others appear to have some kind of lean or distortion, over to the left.

That's certainly true about the pylons. They could probably be cloned out easy enough, but still an annoyance.

Kelpies.jpg

I'm starting to plan a photo trip for later in the year, and would like to ask if they light up the Kelpies all year long, and are they lit late enough at night for a summer trip.

Nice night time shots (y)
I've seen the miniature kelpies when they were on tour but not the big ones.
We are heading around this area tomorrow for a few days in the motorhome so looking forward to eventually seeing them and the Falkirk Wheel ;)

Back