The Lake District in January

Name
Karl
Edit My Images
Yes
Following my 2 other threads I did last year from my trip to the Lake District, here are a few from monday just gone. Started off at Blea Tarn for the sunrise as its my favorite place with splendid views in all directions. Then headed over to Wast Water for the sunset. The weather was great with few clouds in sight and really bright sunlight, was fighting my shadows way too much, so timer was on and then running back very fast:LOL:

DSC_0245.jpg

DSC_0264.jpg

3- I had done this shot before but the light this time round was much better so had another go anyway.
DSC_0267.jpg

DSC_5362.jpg

DSC_0297.jpg

Any comments/pointers appreciated

All great shots, where is blea tarn, I am having trouble finding it on the map. If you could screen shot google maps that would be great!

I like all your images. Especially 2, it looks like the viewer can just run off into the image, and the tree on the left is well placed to stop our eyes wondering off the page.

Lovely set of shots, very well done. :)

I can't wait for my hols at the end of May, we're going up to the lakes for a week, just hope I can get some of my shots to look somewhere near as good as these.

nice shots - 2 and 5 are my favs :)

Many thanks, 2 is my favorite out of the set(y)

All great shots, where is blea tarn, I am having trouble finding it on the map. If you could screen shot google maps that would be great!

I like all your images. Especially 2, it looks like the viewer can just run off into the image, and the tree on the left is well placed to stop our eyes wondering off the page.

I tried looking on google for maps for Blea Tarn but it doesn't seem to show up. It is around Great Langdale though iirc. I'v got a map in the car so may be able to dig that out tomorrow and scan it on her for you. Thanks for your input:)

Lovely set of shots, very well done. :)

I can't wait for my hols at the end of May, we're going up to the lakes for a week, just hope I can get some of my shots to look somewhere near as good as these.

Cheers Hammer, you will have a great time no doubt about it up there, I love the place.

Number three is my favourite of this thread. Number one is spoilt by the brightness of the centre of the image though.

Thanks JPS. 1 was pretty harsh light by this time, but I could calm it down a bit(y)

4 would be great if there wasnt a fat bloke fishing.
5 is a lovely shot

Thanks Devitt, I only ask as I am going to the lakes this weekend and thought I would stop off as it looks like it has some terrific scenery, although most of the lakes is very beautiful.

No. 3 and 4 for me(y)

2 & 4 amazing what you can capture eh?

Lovely shots. :clap:
Nos 2 - 5 are very nice indeed.
My fav is the dark no3. I think the light and dark work a treat and the golden browns of the ground are super.

Number three is my favourite of this thread. Number one is spoilt by the brightness of the centre of the image though.

I agree, however the others are big winners in my book, especially 2 & 3. Makes me want to dive through the screen into the landscape. Fine indeed.

Andy

great photos

blea tarn is here

Thanks for linking that(y)

Appreciate all the comments from everyone, a big thank you to you all:) With regards to the 1st image, I did feel the light was a bit harsh but put it on here and thought I'd see what you guys think, decision made, will tone it down on that one:clap:

Wow devitt. 2 & 3 of Blea Tarn are brilliant, No.1 needs toning down a little, but you did well that day(y)

2 & 3 are my favourites of one of my most favourite locations. Well captured.:)

Back