The Lake District in September

Name
Karl
Edit My Images
Yes
Myself and a friend went to the Lake District for 3 days to get away. The weather forecast looked iffy but we thought what the heck, and went anyway. When we got there early morning it was chucking it down so wasn't easy getting shots without cleaning the lens with raindrops every time but was still an amazing place to be and take in the surroundings. Great fun though getting out and walking for miles. The second and third day was much better with the sun coming in and out fairly often and nice contrasting light.

Anyway, enough rambling from me, here are my pick of what I had taken.

DSC_3960.jpg

DSC_39461.jpg

DSC_3982.jpg

DSC_38391.jpg

DSC_40661.jpg
DSC_40821.jpg

DSC_41771.jpg

DSC_4254.jpg

C+C hugely appreciated:)

Last edited:
That is an excellent set - everyone a winner - beautifully composed, great colours (where there is colour!) and good'n'sharp!

Can't pick a fave. Absolutely lovely!

I agree with the above, an absolutely cracking set. Great skies and I particularly like the b&w loco shot, very atmospheric. (y)(y)

Andy

Totally agree, a superb set of landscapes... You certainly got around on your travels.

Absolutely love number 3! Good series of images overall.

My goodness... you have some stunning shots there. The first four for me, beautiful colours great composition. (y)

Fantastic series, superb! LOVE the Lake District, been many times, thanks for posting these.
Dawn.

Really stunning photographs, have heard so much about the lake district...hope to get there one of these years :)

one word for me "Amazing"

The colour capture and presentation left me speechless.

They are something for a total newbie like me to aspire to......

All very good. Well processed.

:clap:
Nice set(y)

Thank you everyone for all your kind comments:) We both had such a good time and just glad the pictures turned out how I wanted them too. We are planning a trip to Scotland in December for some trekking which I will look forward to as it was Scotland that got me into photography last year when we were up that way.

Lovely set of photos!

What lens did you use? I'm going down there next month, currently only have an 18-55mm kit lens, but thinking of adding a 55-200mm VR. Though, I realise this will be no use for landscapes.

I was using the Nikkor 18-70 lens most of the time and a few of the shots I used the Sigma 10-20. Im sure the 18-55 will be just fine for when you are shooting here. Hope you have as good of a trip as we did, and make sure you post some pics(y)

all superb, great set :clap:

That is a gorgeous round of photos! Can't really fault any of them. I especially love that steam engine one, I could almost hear the hissing of steam being let off from here.

Excellent work! If I had to pick a favourite it would be #2, which shows excellent use of light and shade to add drama to the scene, highlight foreground interest, accentuate colours and lead the eye through the picture from front to back.

Wish I'd taken it!

lovely shots......

Im not normally a lover of train photos but your train shot is my choice of winner of the set.. It has an old rustic feel to it.

Liking all of them but my only slight niggle is the Windermere shots seem to be a little too blue. Maybe the white balance?? Or is it my monitor??

Absolutely stunning - if I had to choose the 1,3,4 - but they are my favorites, well done (y)

I'll gush along with everyone else! What lovely photos of a beautiful country.(y)(y)(y)

lovely shots......

Im not normally a lover of train photos but your train shot is my choice of winner of the set.. It has an old rustic feel to it.

Liking all of them but my only slight niggle is the Windermere shots seem to be a little too blue. Maybe the white balance?? Or is it my monitor??

The white balance was slightly out I think on 5 and did not notice until I had posted here, but 6 looks ok on my screen. I have given 5 a small adjustment to the white balance and replaced the shot, the boathouse shouldn't have that blue hint to it anymore.

(y)

Thanks for all of the other comments one and all. Chuffed that they are going down well:D(y)

I was using the Nikkor 18-70 lens most of the time and a few of the shots I used the Sigma 10-20. Im sure the 18-55 will be just fine for when you are shooting here. Hope you have as good of a trip as we did, and make sure you post some pics(y)

I was actually think of purchasing the 18-70mm lens today, but think I'm going to opt for the 55-200mm VR instead... :thinking:

Thanks - I'll make sure to have a good time, and don't worry, pics will be up!

Cracking set of pictures, absolutely wonderful (y)

If I had to pick a favourite I think I would go for #1. Love that sky, incredibly moody.

Going to the Lake District next May, if I come away from there with pictures half as good as these I'll be happy :)

Note to myself. Go out more when it is cloudy. Should not be too difficult up here in Cumbria.
Great set of shots, well done.

Excellent set of shots, just goes to show you can still bag excellent images in dreary weather, Well done :clap:

I like number 3 .. the one with the gate.
A crop top and left would make it even more interesting.
Nice set.

Cracking set of pictures, absolutely wonderful (y)

If I had to pick a favourite I think I would go for #1. Love that sky, incredibly moody.

Going to the Lake District next May, if I come away from there with pictures half as good as these I'll be happy :)

Thanks very much:)

We plan a day or two there again on the way up to Scotland in December as we loved it so much.

Again, really appreciate the comments, so thank you all(y) Just gotta catch up on soo much that I missed over the last few days:LOL:

I've just seen this thread!
Nice pictures, excellent composition and you have made the dull weather look almost appealing :LOL:, well done :)

Cracking set all nicely composed and very atmospheric

Back