The Lake District - Where to stay and accomodation advice

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello All, I need help!

I'm looking to take my girlfriend to the lake district in early October however we have a limited budget so I'm wondering if anyone could give me some cheap but nice accomodation? We are both national trust members and will be driving so getting around will not be an issue.

Many thanks for any suggestions. :)

Ian C

Hi Ian
depends what you mean by cheap really. £20 a night? £40? more, less?

Id be tempted to drop this query in the "Talk Locations" forum as well, you may get a better response.

If you don't mind camping I highly suggest low wray campsite, it sits right on the edge of Lake Windemere which is absolutely gorgeous

timmygcsc2308 said:
If you don't mind camping I highly suggest low wray campsite, it sits right on the edge of Lake Windemere which is absolutely gorgeous

I was going to suggest that...but it might be a bit cold for a tent in October! You pay a little more to stay on the field right on the bank of the lake, but the views sure are worth it (they do always have ecopods though)

Hi Ian
depends what you mean by cheap really. £20 a night? £40? more, less?

Id be tempted to drop this query in the "Talk Locations" forum as well, you may get a better response.

Hi Keith,

My budget would be £30 to £40 pounds a night. In a central location within the lake district.

Not asking for much am I :LOL:

I would rather not take the risk with camping in October although last year was boiling!

A suggestion from me would be White Cross Bay, which has static caravan cum wooden lodges - they have Sky & the gubbins, and it's just outside of Bowness.

i stayed at the West View B&B in Keswick , lovely place, fab landlady, great location, handy for the busses to get out and about.

Hi Keith,

My budget would be £30 to £40 pounds a night. In a central location within the lake district.

Not asking for much am I :LOL:

You should be able to find a good B&B for that. I usually choose mine based on an AA B&B book I picked up a few years ago. Steer clear of pub/inn based B&B's and go with more private house type ones they are usually very good.

I'm finding alot of B&B's that say they are around £30 per person per night, is this the going rate?

Ive not booked one since last year and I think that was £40 per person. £30 is pretty reasonable. For 2 of you in a double it shouldnt be £60 but may be a tad more than for single person

Back