The Lake District

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I had two days in the Lakes at the weekend and wow, did it rain! Anyway, I didn't really get much chance for photos with the kids in tow but managed a few between the rain and from the window! I'd appreciate any feedback. These are also my first real go with the X-E1 for landscape.

1)

The Lakes
by Steve Babb, on Flickr

2)

The Lakes
by Steve Babb, on Flickr

3)

The Lakes
by Steve Babb, on Flickr

4)

The Lakes
by Steve Babb, on Flickr

5)

The Lakes
by Steve Babb, on Flickr

6)

The Lakes
by Steve Babb, on Flickr

You've done well with what was probably really dull light. I really like the autumn colours.

The best of the set has to be #4 for me, the sky is brilliant and the path works well as a lead in.
Maybe the lens flare, or whatever's showing in the bottom right could be cleaned up somehow, then it'd be even better.

I quite like #5 too, it works in B&W (y)

These are really attractive shots and I particularly like the B&W. Just one aspect caught my eye in the first photo….. the green foreground to the right side where the sheep are looks a tad overexposed..maybe you could just take it back a smidgen.

Thanks guys. Biggest issue I had was positioning the ND grad. The viewfinder kept adjusting to compensate...

Will see what I can do with the lens flare. It was pouring down and I think this contributed.

Really nice set of landscapes I would be delighted with these.
I love the scene with the gates :)
Cathy

Back