lakedistrict137a.jpg

A few more

3294804059_6315eb9aa1_o.jpg

3294805763_a53bfc9218_o.jpg

3295629676_df4c3a88e9_o.jpg

thanks for looking

Jack

Last edited:
Memories! If this is the pier im thinkin of (is there a big youth hostel behind?) I remember going down there for a holiday about ten years ago and throwin myself off it into the freezin cold lake :) Good times

Memories! If this is the pier im thinkin of

It was just off Rayrigg Rd small stream running down to the lake

Hoping to get out again tomorrow bit closer to home though

any comments on where I need to improve

thanks Jack :)

I do like no.2 but I find the big bit of burnt out sky very distracting.

Some lovely shots there, always great skies in the lakes.

Number three for me. Can imagine myself all alone on the pier, just looking at the view.
Wishful thinking as my kids and other half are having a mad half hour play fighting around me.

Some nice scenes and good compositions there. Don't know if it is the camera or intentional processing but they don't look as good as they could.

Some nice scenes and good compositions there. Don't know if it is the camera or intentional processing but they don't look as good as they could.

Thanks Robert could you let me know where I'm going wrong please.I think I do tend to go over the top in processing its not intentional :LOL:

heres the 1st before any pp
lakedistrict0117.jpg

thanks Jack (y)

It's not straight but that looks so much better!

The very first step is to check your monitor calibration. There are plenty of web pages to help you. This one is a good start.
If you look at a lot of picture threads here and agree with the average of comments about too bright, too dark etc. then there is a fair chance your monitor is about right :)
How much you edit a picture is down to you. Generally speaking if you spend a lot of time editing you can end up making it worse than if you just did a few simple things like correcting the levels, straightening and sharpening. All a matter of personal taste though not right and wrong.

Back