The last month of my 20s. Day one.

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes

I have started a little photo project documenting the final month of my 20s by making a self portrait every day.

This is the first photograph in that series from 12th December 2007. I wanted to make a photo in the style of Rembrandt after seeing one of his self portraits at the national gallery in Scotland. While I don't think that that photograph is very Rembrandtesque I still like it.

http://johnhobsonphotography.com

Great idea to mark your 30th, too late for me now :) I like the Rembrandt shot although it does seem a bit dark overall, imo. Off to check the the blog to see what else you've done (y)

Look a bit like Paddy Considine there. It looks like a sobering set of pics so far. Interesting experiment.

The original of the shot was actually a bit brighter but I chose to darken it a bit as it suited the feel that I was after. It also did have a catchlight in the eye but I actually preferred it without, going against the accepted grain somewhat.

thanks for the comments folks!

Look a bit like Paddy Considine there. It looks like a sobering set of pics so far. Interesting experiment.

I can see why you'd say that, guess I do look a little like him there. Dead Man's Shoes is a superb film, you seen it? It is a particular favourite in our household.

I can see why you'd say that, guess I do look a little like him there. Dead Man's Shoes is a superb film, you seen it? It is a particular favourite in our household.

I am pretty sure I've seen it before on television, but it's been a while since. I saw Shane Meadows "This Is England" recently so was actually looking to rewatch Dead Man's Shoes.

Back