Kris
Edit My Images
Yes
IMG_5297.jpg

IMG_5292.jpg

IMG_4927.jpg

IMG_4901.jpg

IMG_4855.jpg

Accidents occur in any sport, as harsh as this may sound, One rider and 2 spectators is a very low number, of course zero is the goal, and to compare with any previous year, the casualty count is dropping.

I was one of tens of thousands of people on the course today who, after 2 weeks of no major incident, to feel thoroughly sh*t when the news came down from the mountain.

The TT will continue, there will be more safety measures each year which is no bad thing, but it wont stop it.

Kris

It is not just the three people today that may sway the vote .... It is the other 200 people who have died since this event started.

I like to see bike racing as much as the next person .... But not at any cost !!!

:canon:

No.3 for me, superb shot :)

Three people died there today .... One rider and two spectators.

Can't help feeling that this event may have had its day now
I understand what your saying but both the riders and the spectators know the risk!!

This is both a spectator and a participation sport! This argument has gone on for the last 100 years.... and the TT is still here. :)
Ask any spectator or rider their opinion....

Again Kris top photos, with the first just showing how much it means to people and the atmosphere.

Hypnotic, I can see what you are saying, but motor sport is a potentially dangerous activity and those who compete and watch know that, but that does not lessen the pain pain felt by many over here. It was not the sort of ending that was needed for what has been a really good, if not the best TT for a long time. The TT will continue into the future as there is no shortage of people who want to compete and take on the challenge of one of the World's greatest motor sport events.

Rather than bog the place down with another TT thread, I hope you don't mind me hijacking with a couple of shots from this week.

ccwaghor750yg0.jpg

jmgooseop6.jpg

cacronkysm4.jpg

great shots from both of you, tis a shame that 3 lives have been lost though

manxman,

i love that first shot with the speed limit sign and the SLOW written on the road, then theres a guy flying thought the air at some ridiculous speed:D :LOL:

lovely shots, both of you. Thoughts go out to the friends and familes of those killed, RIP :(

Lib No3 does it for me - really shows the competition :)

Manx - No 1 all the way :)

Such a shame that more people have lost their lives in the name of motorsport :(

I personally knew three people who were killed skiing, one canoeing, and another two who were mown down by a lorry while out cycling.

My wife had a friend who was killed in a free fall parachute accident.

I don't personally know anyone who has been killed riding a motorcycle, and I've been riding since I was 16. I've seen a fair few MC accidents as a bobby, but the majority were caused by other road users.

It is very sad that people were killed in the TT's this year, but they all knew the risks. It's no reason to stop the racing.

I'm told that more people are killed riding horses annually, than riding bikes.

Take the danger out of motor racing, and it will cease to exist as a sport, which is ironic - most advances in road and driver/rider safety have been made as a result of advances in motorsport.

I have only see the TT once live but it really was "something special"
I would hate it to fall foul of the "ban it brigade"
If something was banned every time someone died football per se' would have been banned years ago
My condolances to the families of course.

Cracking pictures from both of you!

I have only see the TT once live but it really was "something special"
I would hate it to fall foul of the "ban it brigade"
If something was banned every time someone died football per se' would have been banned years ago
My condolances to the families of course.

Cracking pictures from both of you!

Great post and says it all really.(y)

Great shot of john in the 2nd Kris. And I love the one (is it of Connor?) Manxy.

Back