The Last Trip to WHF

Yv

TPer Emerita
Name
Yvonne, pronounced Eve...
Edit My Images
Yes
Last weekend was the last trip of the year with TP to WHF in Kent, so its about time I posted a few shots and said thankyou to Mark, Andy, Carol, and the staf that have made the trips this year so enjoyable for all TP members.

1 - Murphy, one of the Cheetahs

YWP_2414.jpg

2 - Tiny, one of the 3 male Lion brothers.

YWP_2492.jpg

3 - Makari, back lit by the sun which I *think* was reflecting off the platform to light him.

YWP_2604.jpg

4 - Ben, Clouded Leopard. Had a few problems with the wire on this so resolved it by doing a mono conversion.

YWP_2940.jpg

5 - Artem, one of the male Amur Leopards, I just loved the eye contact in this one, its currently my desktop wallpaper!

YWP_3016.jpg

I have done a blog post containing these and more if anyone fancies a look. CLICKY

TFL, comments welcome. (y)

The lion looks great Yvonne. Not sure about the clouded leopard. The mono makes it look more like a "floating head" to me. Its hard to work out what's cat and what's background.

The lion looks great Yvonne. Not sure about the clouded leopard. The mono makes it look more like a "floating head" to me. Its hard to work out what's cat and what's background.

which is the whole point of his markings :LOL: :LOL:

Seriously though, I know what you mean, but there was a 'bar' across his right eye which I couldnt correct in the colour version. :(

Lovely set - love the one's of Artem and Tiny particularly(y)

Not too sure on the B&W though :thinking:

Nick

could som3one please give me some info on this place,iv been on the website but cant see any prices,thanks chris.

Last edited:
so can you only go there on a photo/club shoot?
can you not pay and play ?

Last edited:
Certainly the only current way is to book one of their photography days, you can't just 'pay and play', it isn't a zoo, not open to the public generally. Not sure why there are no prices on there, though as the website is currently being rebuilt, that may explain it. I suggest emailing them for more info on prices if you want to attend on of their days. (y)

very nice photos - I could'nt get a decent shot of Ben, the clouded leopard, and your's was spot on - describes him perfectly.

Last time I saw, the photo sessions for a day (which might have included tuition) were c.£110 - £120 direct through WHF.

Worth it at that.

One of my favourites models turned out to be Tiny and the other lions. Very impressive close up.

Cought this tail end of a yawn. B&W seems to work.

DB1N_wIrIPSldM5u9owiBhj8jhyOZk7YScb8fmhFG4o

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/DB1N_wIrIPSldM5u9owiBhj8jhyOZk7YScb8fmhFG4o?feat=directlink
(hope the link works!).

Nick

Last edited:
Back