The life of a bubble... a photostory!

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Please tell me stop of you get bored!! Okay, here's a little photo story of the life of a bubble:

Stage 1.
A lovely homogenous (sp?) mix of water and glycerine on the surface of the bubble. The slightest movement of air, even moving the focussing ring on the lens, causes the patterns to shift at lightning speed:
4106340518_3af06c12e7.jpg

Bigger version

Stage 2.
The surface becomes more chaotic, it will spin, invert and generally be a bugger to photograph:
4105574031_b9cafabbba.jpg

Bigger version

Stage 3.
The glycerine and water start to seperate out, notice how the patterns formed look "chaotic", almost computer generated:
4106343068_8aab478600.jpg

Bigger version

Stage 4.
The glycerine / water starts to form smaller more uniform droplets moving towards the bottom of the bubble:
4105575249_d8f6915e6c.jpg

Bigger version

Stage 5.
The glycerine / water has now totally sunk to the bottom of the bubble, say your prayers Mr Bubble:
4106344476_fce2bd622c.jpg

Bigger version

Stage 6 - pop!

Best wishes

Carl

Great stuff (y) And, no crit from me as they are all fab Carl - anyways, I wouldn't like to 'burst your bubble'! :LOL:

Pretty stunning imagery that :) #1 and #2 in particular would look great as large canvases I reckon!

Cracking stuff :)

What a great set of striking images, very clever and a pleasure to read your descriptions.

My choice, 4 and 3.(y)

what a brilliant set of photos in sequence - almost like a science experiment. Fantastic :D

Excellent set. You just need to catch the moment when the bubble bursts now :naughty:

Stunning shots Carl .. (y)

Back