The light tester, Edith & a pullback

sunnyside_up

<span class="poty">POTY (Joint) 2016</span>
Name
Bethy
Edit My Images
No
Edith just came by... lovely little dot. I photographed her when she was only 3 weeks old, but I wasn't happy with the photos, so I invited her to come back for a re-shoot and today was the day - sitting up on her own, but can't crawl yet. Perfect!!! lol!
Anyway, I had a sort of 'vision' of what I wanted to do... so began the light testing... with my baby bear.

Anyway, couple of pullbacks and the resulting photo.

Thanks for looking!

Bear Setup by Beth Botterill, on Flickr

Pullback by Beth Botterill, on Flickr

Baby Bear by Beth Botterill, on Flickr

Edith by Beth Botterill, on Flickr

Superb as always Bethy - good to see the BTS bit as well, and it serves as a great reminder that sometimes simple is better! Can't really offer any critique as there is nothing I would change on the image at all. Well, ok if I'm being super super picky the tie behind the ear needs cloning out ;).
Regards
Jim

Is that just 1 light and a reflector?
Actually, the two lights... you can just see the light on the background (behind the bear in the pullback) in the bear shot.. I took a few like that of Edith, but the one showing here has the second light placed at the back right, facing Edith, providing a bit of fill from behind, with a honeycomb and a 'shower cap' type diffusion layer over the top of that.

Superb as always Bethy - good to see the BTS bit as well, and it serves as a great reminder that sometimes simple is better! Can't really offer any critique as there is nothing I would change on the image at all. Well, ok if I'm being super super picky the tie behind the ear needs cloning out ;).
Regards
Jim
Cheers dude. :) And DRAT!!! I so totally missed that!! Thanks for pointing that out! :)

Brilliant,i would be very happy with the results.:):clap:

That bear of yours has a very cool way of looking at the camera. But ye gods, that thing on her head ... :rolleyes:

Back