The Living Space

Dal

Is always right
Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been doing a fair bit of Architectural photography lately and this is one of the more recent shots.

C&C Please.

6940651126_3b621b8b72_b.jpg

I like it, but the over exposed roof light and light rays aren't doing anything for me. I think two exposures blended together would give a more high end look.

Thanks for the reply.

With this shot, it was intentional to get the rays of light coming through like that. I felt it would show how the light enters the room then. I do have another exposure with my hand blocking the sun light so I'll edit that and see what it looks like.

I've done other houses such as this one below. It's just a shame when it's an overcast day as it's impossible to get any colour of the sky coming through the roof lantern. The shot below is a composition of 5 exposures.

arphoto10.jpg

I'm not keen on the lens flare in number one. I think number two is a better image but the celling appears at an oblique angle and is crying out to have the perspective corrected.

I want that house!! Like the second shot.
I want all the houses we work on here lol.

I'm not keen on the lens flare in number one. I think number two is a better image but the celling appears at an oblique angle and is crying out to have the perspective corrected.

Thanks for that.

Do you mean the part of the ceiling with the roof lantern? If so, that's a vaulted ceiling so it follows the pitch of the roof.

I want all the houses we work on here lol.

Thanks for that.

Do you mean the part of the ceiling with the roof lantern? If so, that's a vaulted ceiling so it follows the pitch of the roof.

I'm sorry, i'm a little confused I thought 'vaulted ceilings' were arched. Is the internal ceiling horizontal (level) or on an incline when viewed from inside the premises?

I'm sorry, i'm a little confused I thought 'vaulted ceilings' were arched. Is the internal ceiling horizontal (level) or on an incline when viewed from inside the premises?

Traditionally they are arched, there are many variants of this. Modern vaulted ceilings are much more simple and purely decorative. We do plenty of vaulted ceilings here and it's a very popular feature. The inside of the ceiling is the same pitch as the roof outside, on the 2nd photo I beleive it's 40degree's. So it's a simple incline.

This is a small vault to the ceiling:.
arphoto11.jpg

Last edited:
Back