Captive The Lloyds building and the Shard by night

Some very good shots.
The 1st of the Shard looks a little soft to me but it could be due to the long exposure making the highlight stand out more. The 2nd I like due to the colours in the clouds and the stars.

With the Lloyds building I prefer the B&W image as the light trails are more defined, in the first the upper line of the trail makes it look like a fault in the exposure? :confused:

I like no. 1, but the shots of the shard not only appear soft, but I reckon your sensor needs a clean.

Thanks for the replies. The reason for the softness is my lens. I dropped it while it was attached to the body, and part of the lens now moves when it shouldn't. I can get good focus when shooting up, but when pointing down or straight, the front of the lens drops slightly with the weight. So I have to hold it together while I shoot. Hard to explain, but its kinda separated but not fully.

I think I need to get my wallet out and attempt to get it repaired then now. I have left it for some time, but its getting worse. Thanks for the comments.

Back