The London Eye

Name
Darren
Edit My Images
No
Visited London yesterday and saw the London Eye up close and personal, although we didn't go on it.

#1 A subtle HDR attempt from a single exposure.

IMG_6393__.jpg by BubbleDouble, on Flickr

#2 Hailstones were coming down when this was taken. Also a single exposure HDR attempt.

IMG_6426-Edit__.jpg by BubbleDouble, on Flickr

#3 Some different pp and my personal favourite of these 4 shots.

IMG_6388__.jpg by BubbleDouble, on Flickr

#4 Same processing as above

IMG_6391__.jpg by BubbleDouble, on Flickr

Welcome any & all C&C :D

Darren

I very much like 3 and 4. Its definitely my sort of photography.

I am travelling to London in a fortnight and these are wetting my appetite for going! Hope the weather is not horrendous so can get out as much as possible!

I very much like 3 and 4. Its definitely my sort of photography.

I am travelling to London in a fortnight and these are wetting my appetite for going! Hope the weather is not horrendous so can get out as much as possible!

Thanks Stephen! I only live 25 minutes from central London, but rarely travel there. I can't stand the tube and driving up there exhausts me, but I had no choice this time, the wife made that clear! Nevertheless, I really enjoyed the day and it was good to see all the sights first-hand for a change :)

Darren

I live 15 miles North of Newcastle, I love London but only get down once a year or so. I still love seeing all the sites. I never really use the tube as I can spend all day just walking around.

Its only on my last couple of trips that I have combined my love of London with my love of photography so just starting to take images like yours rather than the very cliche shots that are all so easy to take in somewhere like London.

I understand what you mean about actually photographing your local surroundings, I don't have a single image of the Angel of the North!.

I also like 3&4 Darren, they're great and really give a sense of being there.

I understand what you mean about actually photographing your local surroundings, I don't have a single image of the Angel of the North!.

Lol! Funny how that happens. We've got some lovely woodlands only 5 miles from us, yet always opt to travel 15 miles to another woodland. Really doesn't make any sense....general feeling that the grass is greener on the other side (or the further afield you travel).

I also like 3&4 Darren, they're great and really give a sense of being there.

Cheers Steve! It's not often that people like my processing :D

Darren

Back