The man from UPS bought me a rather nice parcel today !!

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi there,

Ordered myself a new camera on Thursday night, it arrived this afternoon can't wait to give it a try at Silverstone for the FIA GT event at the weekend.

The parcel contained the following: -

Canon EOS40D Body
Canon 18-55mm IS lens
Canon 55-250mm IS lens
Canon BG-2EN Battery Grip
4GB Memory Card
3 x Spare Batteries (2 to use in the Battery Grip)
Other bits and bobs inc screen protector, cleaning kit, camera bag etc.

According to Warehouse Express this little lot would cost £1283.96. (if the batterys were genuine Canon ones).

I paid £875.97 inc shipping from Digital Rev in Hong Kong via EBay.

A saving of over £400.00. :clap:

Ordered the camera Thursday and it arrived with me today (Monday). Thats 4 days from Hong Kong.

Anyone have experience of the 40D, how good is it ??

Have had a little play tonight and it looks very different to my Olympus E500.

40d.jpg

Regards

Tim

Autofocus, if you have a look through the threads here, there's lots of us with 40Ds, and a lot of positive comment. Great body.

Thats a nice package :D

Postie only brought me bills today :annoyed:

It does amaze me how a parcel can get from hong kong quicker than royal mail can get a letter to the other side of the county :shrug:

That's a very nice selection of kit :E

Hope you tipped the UPS man for making you happy

I got my 20D discounted on ebay, saved about £400 also, I've taken 6000 shots, no problems at all :D

(y)

Great setup & i'm sure you'll enjoy yourself...(y)

Got my 40D & 18-55 IS last week. The 40D is an amazing piece of kit (y) - not sure about the lens :shrug: - I think it's a bit soft. Will post some shots for expert opinion.

PS. let me know what you think of the 55-250 IS, the plan is, that will be my next purchase when I get my cashback :banana:

Its just like Christmas all over again! Have fun exploring your new toys. The 40d is an excellent camera apparently. ;)
Good news that a parcel of that size didn't incurr duty or vat. Or am I wrong!
Have fun.:D

Boys toys, hhmm, drool.:clap:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm awaiting my parcel, ordered on Sunday from them,
EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS USM :D

Hi there,

Had an appointment up in the Derwent Valley this morning so took the opportunity to put the new 40D in the car and give a test run.

Here are a couple of shots: -

My car against a backdrop of the reservoirs
IMG_0067b.jpg

A couple of birds hanging around the car park at Ladybower Reservoir.

IMG_0089b.jpg

IMG_0106b.jpg

First shot taken with the 18-55mm IS, the other two were taken with the 55-250mm IS.

Any thoughts ??

Think the camera will be really good, just need to learn how to use all the different buttons and features.

Regards

Tim

nothing wrong with those :) First could possibly be doing with a bit of USM but not bad at all.

Back