The Milk Run MX, first go with speedlight

You have some good one's here, but i would have liked to see a bit of motion in the wheels

Like these, I like the action in number 2. This may sound a bit dumb now but are you using flash for these ? How does that work ? I thought flash wasn't allowed at Motorsport ! Flash certainly helps in a lot of situations : )

Thanks, its a practice day not a race day so not really a issue with the rule book, i have a manual flash so had the power set low so just a tad of fill flash in theses pics, was a nice sunny spot when i took these (didnt last long lol)

Some nice shots there Suggs. You'll find using flash will always "freeze" the spokes but generally still gives motion to the tyres. Not much can be done to avoid it due to the extremely short duration of the flash.

yes i noticed that, only way i got the spokes spinning was to slow the shutter right down but then lost to many shots to bluring. im going to try to set the flash on a very low setting to try and get a happy medium..

forgot to say you have some great shots, ive seen them before on MX Trax do you find you sell many from the track sessions you shoot, ive only just started shooting MX as more of a DH mountain bike man myself both as a rider and photographer. used to ride MX but gave up 4 yrs ago after my boy got very seriously hurt, been selling a few of the shots though just getting used to the extra speed compared to mtb...

Last edited:
forgot to say you have some great shots, ive seen them before on MX Trax do you find you sell many from the track sessions you shoot, ive only just started shooting MX as more of a DH mountain bike man myself both as a rider and photographer. used to ride MX but gave up 4 yrs ago after my boy got very seriously hurt, been selling a few of the shots though just getting used to the extra speed compared to mtb...

Thanks Suggs. Sales vary considerably, been absolutely rubbish recently due to the poor weather, should pick up a bit soon. Some weeks can be very slow but then other times absolutely inundated. Good job I'm heavily into motocross as I would have given up ages ago. Looking into getting an event printer at the moment to do some onsite printing which I think will make a massive difference with that spur of the moment impulse buy whilst the riders still excited about their days riding.

Cool. I agree the printer is a good idea. I've just spent the last 7hrs editing all today's shots, I've been selling quite a few recently which is nice and getting a few wanting multiple shots so I do them a bundle deal, also anyone ordering prints I send them a free download too which is a nice sweetener for them. bloody cold stand track side all day but I love it though ;)

7hrs processing:eek: think you need to evaluate your workflow a little lol. I pretty much only edit stuff for prints/orders and any that are samples for facebook/forums etc.

Yeah I usually give a facebook size image away of any ordered prints and a bit of discount for multiple purchases.

Just seen your stuff from the vets yesterday - looking good, keep up the good work(y)

cheers Steve, my problem at the moment is that on my site its an instant download and direct from lab prints so the images i upload have to be fully edited, to be honest it dosent bother me at the moment as i have my Imac parked next to the sofa and i just edit away while watching the tv and ignoring the Mrs so quite enjoy it in a sadistic sort of way lol. im going to try to batch edit some through Lightroom though to speed things up and see how it goes..

Back