The Mini So Far.....

As Alex said, 'more snow means more mini pics!'

4250705255_5a9ac402a3_o.jpg

4250693347_c1c04d1b32_o.jpg

4250715633_d9a7a7e82a_o.jpg

The mini in GULF colours is outstanding, good job

Thanks very much. I loved building it and am enjoying the next one. (the one on it's side above)

Who ever owns a original mini i think you should post some pictures up of them :)

We used to own a Classic Mini a few years ago .................It was no No 47 of 50 Worldwide, A Classic Mini Cooper Sport 500 with the John Cooper S Works + Sportspack 4 speed Manual Transmission with 90 BHP S Works engine in Glorious Tahiti Blue with the roof in Platinum Pearlescent metallic, the interior had contrasting Black and Silver leather upholstery with Aluminium dashboard, only one of 50 that could be exported to the USA and practically the last one ever to come off the production line.

- I had all the certificates, plaques and special owners pack - a couple of years after I sold it, I saw a similar one sold for £15,000 at an auction, I would have liked to have kept it, cosseted in the garage, but we have not got the space.

Here is a few "old" photos (pre digital SLR - so excuse the quality):

Photo 1

crtpphoto3b.jpg

Photo 2

crtpphoto11b.jpg

Photo 3

crtpphoto60b.jpg

now this is what i call a thread!

I see some familiar minis/people from theminiforum.co.uk on here

heres mine, needs finishing though *sigh*

S5000165.jpg

wish i had it finished, then maybe i could get some lovely snow pics aswell

thats also a stunning mini yv, which model is it?

looks like a mayfair/city

Oh no oh no oh no!!! How could you scrap that?! You could have more than likely got more for it if you sold it than the £2000 you get and it scrapped!

I like your pictures though :)

I HATE this scrappage scheme, so many classic cars and future classics are being taken for ever in exchange for a plasticy new car which has no soul or feeling.

If you cant tell, I dont like new cars :p

Here is my mini:
1. - Meg at IMM 2009 at Longbridge
3865901980_1a081c170d.jpg

2. - Meg at Norfolk Mini Show 2009
3560357937_fa79e868c0.jpg

Some lovely Mini's here....nice to see them being kept alive...such a shame to send them for scrappage! You should send them here you would get a lot more than 2000GBP for them! In any condition!

I would wade into the whole Mini V MINI debate but I personally think it is pathetic and childish...so all I will say is so where exactly do the airbags fit in a Mini?

Anyhow....lovely cars and good on you for all the work you put into maintaining them. I would love to own a classic but at a minium $15000 for a "project" one...not in my budget!

Roo

Ok as a REAL Mini owner, here's my little beastie. Needs a 'little' work!!

Painted floor as it is now:

And here's one i built a few years ago. I stupidly sold it and wish i hadn't!

Note the fuel tank! I intend doing a similar thing with the Mini above. It's going to have a cream roof and cream fuel tank.

Love the look of that mini!! If you fancy another mini to work on, mine needs a fair bit of work. mayfair with a 1360 motor :D... And Im not far from you!!

I have enough to be getting on with on my own car!! but thanks for the offer :D:D:D

Mine is a 998cc Auto Mk3 and it will be restored back to original except for disc brakes up front, Electronic distributor, big noisy exhaust and a later larger 7.5gallon fuel tank. 0-60...eventually! :D

Well, took it out for a bounce around the local potholes and speed humps and grabbed a few shots. Hopefully better to follow.
They are a fun machine and great to drive - better even than a VW!

Back